Sign in to follow this  

Ok Here It Goes...

Alright well I removed the baffle outta my xr250. Then, I removed the snorkel. After advice from The Almighty Mar 😢😢

I need to rejet. Correct me if I am mistaken. I need to go up to a 135 Main Jet and keep the 45 Small. Hopefully when I go out to buy these jets I can pick up a uni filter. Anyways I'm hoping this is going to be easy and a good learning experience because I'm only 16 and this will be the first real "work" I've done on my bike.

One more question.. I just bought 10w40 oil but where I live it almost NEVER gets below 32 F. Would it be better to get 20w50??

Thanks for the advice

😢😢

Alright well I removed the baffle outta my xr250. Then, I removed the snorkel. After advice from The Almighty Mar 😢😢

I need to rejet. Correct me if I am mistaken. I need to go up to a 135 Main Jet and keep the 45 Small. Hopefully when I go out to buy these jets I can pick up a uni filter. Anyways I'm hoping this is going to be easy and a good learning experience because I'm only 16 and this will be the first real "work" I've done on my bike.

One more question.. I just bought 10w40 oil but where I live it almost NEVER gets below 32 F. Would it be better to get 20w50??

Thanks for the advice

😢😢

I would go up one size from stock to a 48. After rejetting I had to lower my needle one clip to lean the midrange slightly to correct a slight roll on hesitation.

Ok I'll go ahead and do the Main Jet. When you say the 48 is equal to 1 turn on the fuel screw, does that mean that I dont really have to buy the 48, just screw the fuel screw out one turn?

Yes Brock. from my understanding thanks to MAR and some others here, adjusting the fuel screw is the first step and has the same effect as changing out the pilot. Start with that, and then if needed, which may not be likely, you can bump up the pilot.

General rule of thumb on the fuel screw: If the bike runs best with less than one turn out from seated, the pilot jet is too large and you need to go one step smaller. More than 2 turns out from seated the pilot is too lean and you need to go one step larger.