Sign in to follow this  

best exhaust for 05'

There are several good choices. CHM, Jemco, Thunder Alley come to mind, the new kid on the block Leo Vince....and of course your cookie cutter bling bling models, WB, PC, FMF, etc.

Cost on some of these 4-stroke pipes is just outrageous though. You can't tell me it takes more work to make a header and a tin can silencer, than it does a nicely welded nickel plated expansion chamber and silencer...it's called "they can get it because the new whiz bang 4-strokes are popular" and they are making hay while the sun shines...

Honestly, I think them boys at Honda know what they are doing, There's no way I Have the Talent to tell the difference in an exhaust on this 05. I do However like THIS

modification. 😢

Well, I think I'm going to just leave my 05 pipe stock and use the money for a couple more sessions with Marty Smith in San Diego. I'll get much more speed that way and have the added memories to boot.

I have the White Bros Aluminum pro and am happy with it,fits well and a little more umph as well, like we all really need it,as good as the 05 CRF 450 is it makes you wonder what the immortals ride with 2 to 3 years of technology ahead of what we ride.

the stock pipe has lost every time so far.these are all known "topend" pipes but still peform the same or better than the stock pipe at low revs.while killing the stock pipe from 8000-11000 rpm.

And on a modified engine those pipes gap the stocker by even larger margins....

Asking on this forum for the "best" exhaust will get you at least one vote for every brand of pipe out there. What you really need to ask is, what TYPE of power are you wanting...there are low end pipes....top end pipes...midrange pipes...gimmick pipes....over price bling bling pipes...overpriced gimmick pipes...and some that flat out work. 😢

Asking on this forum for the "best" exhaust will get you at least one vote for every brand of pipe out there. What you really need to ask is, what TYPE of power are you wanting...there are low end pipes....top end pipes...midrange pipes...gimmick pipes....over price bling bling pipes...overpriced gimmick pipes...and some that flat out work. 😢

Very true and even the best pipe out there wont make you a better rider.

Very true and even the best pipe out there wont make you a better rider.

Very true! But the right pipe can make riding more fun and/or better suited to a riders skill level (i.e., slower riders usually need/want more low end and midrange...)

😢

Skip #7- What kind of power did the white bros alum. race ad? On the bottom, mid, or top?? Did it hurt the or take away anything from stock? Thanks!!!

Scott

Team Z I had lots of wheelspin out of the corners in the small arenas I race this time of year,I added 9oz of flywheel which helped out of the slick corners,my pipe smoothed out the bottom,a good rush of power but wheel spin is now minimal,mid range maybe a little better,the top side pulls all the way to the rev limiter,I am really happy with it,the only thing is the muffler dosen't look like the picture,it's now long and blunt on the end no pipe piece on the end of the muffler,I was expecting an aluminum version of the carbon pro.

Ok, what is the best pipe for low end to mid range?

Ok, what is the best pipe for low end to mid range?

Thunder Alley gives a humungous low end boost that carries into the lower midrange... from there on up it duplicates the stock powerband....

There are other pipes that move power around a bit, usually trading some here for some there...but the TA flat out adds lots of low with no loss anywhere else...seems the new lobboy style TA is a bit better than the old slip on...

Hi Rapture,

Do you have any dyno run data for the T/A run on a stock machine (or modded, for that matter)?

With all of the dyno posts lately, I've been hoping one of those would show up.

Death....I did dyno my TA way back on a stock 2003 CRF450. Indeed, at 4000rpm it literally smoked the stocker by SIX horsepower. By ~7000rpm it flattened out and matched the stocker to redline...i.e., no loss in top end (no gains either). I have a friend with a TA and it is so juicy right off the crack of the throttle...some riders don't like it. It's not a big HIT, it is just "phat". Would make a killer woods pipe with a flywheel weight....talk about hookup.

It just depends on what riding style/speed/conditions you ride in. Of course I have lost the dyno chart, but if I could sweet talk someone at Honda of Houston, I bet they have it in the computer 😢