Sign in to follow this  

pull clutch in 3rd and it dies

Just did my DJ kit with 140mainjet, #25pilot, 4th clip dyno needle and springs with stock pipe and temp at 32deg celcius.

Noticed that it has better throttle response but...

If i start the bike from cold and let it warm up while idling in neutral for 5 mins, it would die in 3rd or 2nd when i pull the clutch to come to a stop whilst riding off.

Although it is fairly easy to e-start but i fear when things get technical it would be a hassle..

It happens more when cold but does happen sometimes when it's hot but not too often. Anyone has any thoughts on this?

Another question is that if the bike is idling in neutral and i suddenly jerked the throttle from 0, it would just die suddenly as though i hit the off switch... Is this normal and am i asking too much from the CV carb?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions... 😢

Don't know about your engine dieing when you pull in the clutch, but the engine dieing from N is something my bike did. I found it was better when I set the fuel screw to 2.5 turns instead of 3. Seemed like it was too rich. It was also better after the bike was fully warmed up.

if the float level is too high sometimes the engine will die when u pull up. It's caused by fuel surge. If the float level is to spec, forget about this theory.

You sure your bike has a cv? I thought they had a flatslider like the YZ/WR?

yes it's a CV cause it's an S model ... how do u check the float if it's in spec or not?

well i tuned the fuel screw to lesser turns but i think i must have gone 1 turn less making it 2 turns out. Wasn't paying attention while doing it but i noticed that it didn't die off in 3rd or 2nd when the clutch is pulled while coming to a stop.. the repurcussion is that the throttle response seems more harder and the engine seems restricted... So this time i marked the fuel screw with a permanent marker and turned it to 2.5 turns... seems ok and it doesn't die off... but it's too early to say it's ok.... i'll ride on the streets tomorrow and see how it goes

If it's still the same tomorrow i'll take your advice rook and check the pilot...

Thanks everyone for responding i'll post again if the prob is solved.. 😢

did the 2.5 turns and it doesn't die off anymore..... but i still have the engine die off if i jerk the throttle suddenly like a 2 stroke bike.. any guesses?

thanks for the remedies guys..

I've noticed that with a lot of four stroke bikes. Even the ones with accelerator pumps on them seem to get caught off guard. My remedy

Don't whack the throttle open in neutral 😢 lol

When riding does opening the throttle cause a pause? If so then you have a jetting issue. If in neutral and it dies with throttle then you have a retentive issue.

I've noticed that with a lot of four stroke bikes. Even the ones with accelerator pumps on them seem to get caught off guard. My remedy

Don't whack the throttle open in neutral 😢 lol

well it's normal then for a 4 stroke throttle to be surprised and die off then 😢 ...

burned, it seems smooth when on acceleration and doesn't bog and no backfires.

how do u check the float if it's in spec or not?

QUOTE]

you'll have to check you manual for that one.

well it's normal then for a 4 stroke throttle to be surprised and die off then 😢 ...

burned, it seems smooth when on acceleration and doesn't bog and no backfires.

dont wack the throttle at idle in nuetral.if it rides normally and doesnt bog with load,then its fine.

i asked the same question many moons back... 😢

when riding it, actually it is fine 😢

Thanks for the advice burned... i guess it's really is fine..

Oh rook, sorry I mised your question anyway after the DJ kit it doesn't bog and acceleration is smoother, throttle response is much better and it starts right away 1st start on a cool and damp morning..... I hope to let u test my DRz one of these days and see how u feel bout it ..

I was so used to whacking the throttle like a 2smoker that i expected a thumper would react the same. Silly me 😢

btw thanks for all the responses cos now it doesn't die off when i pulled the clutch when in 2nd or 3rd... guess it was too rich at 3 turns out, now it's at 2.5 turns. 😢