clarke tank

When i bought my clarke tank earlier this year i bought it directly from clarke for $170, at the time TT wasn't selling clarke tanks. The tanks were the same price everywhere so if it is the same price or cheaper at the TT store then buy it from them. ?

Has anyone ordered a clarke tank from TT? I was curious where the best price is to be found for the 3.9 gal tank for the DRZ is? Any suggestions?

I'm confused ? The TT store has a low price guarantee...doesn't that solve the "who has the best price" issue? Or are you just looking for the best price to present to TT?

I got mine from TT. Great price. I don't really price shop, but I know it was better than Rocky mountain cause I look at their catalog. Any color you want I think. I got natural. It is a big tank.

OK, what was that great price? I can only find IMS tanks listed on the TT store web site.

Order it through TT, I did and it saved me money this way. It was $169 shipped but at the time TT was not charging shipping over $149 purchase. Got it within a weeks time.

My bike is a '04 yellow & I got the yellow 3.9 clarke, not aperfect match but good enough plus you can see the fuel level through it anyway so why worry with a clear tank. ?

Squint hard enough & you can see it in my avatar. ?

OK, what was that great price? I can only find IMS tanks listed on the TT store web site.

You have to call. The TT web site is not so great, I don't know why they don't fix it, but they can get just about any product you want if you call. I just called and said i was a tt member and was looking for the best price on the clark tank. I don't remember but it was in the 160's before tax and was when they had free shipping. Keep in mind, I have to pay sales tax as I am located in NV, but since the only reason I knew about the tank or the other improvements to my bike was because of this forum, I figured I should buy from them. ?

You have to call. I just called and said i was a tt member and was looking for the best price on the clark tank. I don't remember but it was in the 160's before tax and was when they had free shipping. Keep in mind, I have to pay sales tax as I am located in NV, but since the only reason I knew about the tank or the other improvements to my bike was because of this forum, I figured I should buy from them. ?

Five Reasons to Shop With Us!

1. Huge Selection Of Motorcycle / ATV Parts, Accessories and Apparel

2. Fast Shipping (Free on all orders $149.00 or more)

3. Simple, Secure On-Line Ordering

4. No Hassle Customer Service (click here for customer testimonials)

5. Every Order Supports the ThumperTalk Community!

Have questions? Can't find what you need? Want to order by phone?

1.866.6.SHOP.TT

Just cuz you dont see it on the site doesnt mean that TT doesnt have it. Call and talk to them. I but they DO have it. Only a VERY SMALL fraction of what they have availible is actually listed. ?

Have questions? Can't find what you need? Want to order by phone?

1.866.6.SHOP.TT

A suggestion: for foreigners it is not very practical to call. Could we use e-mail? If so, I have not found the address in the Store, just the phone nr.

Thanks!

Edit: I apologize. Today I have seen a form to send mail. I missed it the previous times.

The Clarke website offers 2 different yellows. I am curious how well the "new suzuki yellow" matches up with a 04 DRZ? Royh which did you get?

I ordered new Suzuki yellow but it was not a perfect match, close but no cigar. Good enough for me. My good friend bought the Natural one & after two tanks of gas it is now brown. ? My yellow has not changed.

Clarke's "new suzuki yellow" is close but not quite as bright as the factory suzuki colour. You can compare the two on bike bike here:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/chris.downing/default.htm

I bought the N-style DRZ decals from ebay which cover a good part of the clarke tank and match the factory yellow. I plan on putting them on the bike in the spring - I don't think they would remain stuck at the current temp (-22 in Toronto).

I ordered new Suzuki yellow but it was not a perfect match, close but no cigar. Good enough for me. My good friend bought the Natural one & after two tanks of gas it is now brown. ? My yellow has not changed.

What year is your DRZ? Do you know if the yellow varies by year?

A suggestion: for foreigners it is not very practical to call. Could we use e-mail? If so, I have not found the address in the Store, just the phone nr.

Thanks!

Edit: I apologize. Today I have seen a form to send mail. I missed it the previous times.

Yes you must have found

the contact form

That is one of the better ways to get to the store folks.. Other email may not get read as quickly ?

What year is your DRZ? Do you know if the yellow varies by year?

2002, or 2003 Suzuki switch to New yelllow,, or RM yellow depending on what person you ask.

On the natural tanks,, I think this may be one of the differences between Clarke and IMS,, as my IMS tank has not turned brown, or any other color in 8 months of use ? OR, it may be that I do not put pump gas in it,,, could be the additives in pump gas causing the discoloration.