Sign in to follow this  

Lightest feeling 250f

This winter im moving up to a 250f (from a 85). What 250f do you guys think would be the best for a kid coming off a 85 and moving up to a 250f. The only 250f i have ridden is a 02 yz 250f, and i didnt like the handleing at all. it felt top heavy. Most people say the CRF and KXF are the best handle bikes and the lighter feeling and the easist to throw around.

So i have pretty much narrowed it down to a CRF or KXF (i like green better then yellow). Which one do you guys feel would be the best for me. I am 5'6" and about 110 pounds, by the time i get the bike i will be a little bit bigger.

Thanks guys!

My son is in the same position, but he is a little taller. You will probably like the RMZ/KXF better because the seat height is about 1 1/2" lower and he says the bike feels smaller.

IMHO, the KXF/RMZ feels the smallest, you can really throw that thing around. The crf is pretty nimble too though.

I'm with ya on the yz250f feel.

Look at the Husky Tc250-05 it´s a really small bike, the only negative is the seat height because it´s tall.

I also hear you on the yz250f handeling. I am a smaller person, 5'6'' and 125 lbs. My yz250f seems very top-heavy in the corners but I have became use to its characteristics. After riding my friends 04 crf250 tho, I can tell you that thing handles on a dime! You can really lay that bike down in any type of corner, bermed, flat, rutted, whatever the case. I think you'll get use to any one of the 250f's handeling but the crf does handle nicely.

hey im about 5'5" and weigh 115 pounds and i got a YZ250F for reliability porposes and b/c i like yamaha especially there motor but neways i never really noticed it top heavy but i heard that as long as u dont ride all the bikes back to back you shouldnt notice and what i did was of course set the sag for me and i brought up the forks through the triple clamps to make it a lil smaller hope that helps but if your still stuck on honda or kawasaki i would probably have to go with the Kaw b/c i think it has lest problems and if not it has more aftermarket stuff to fix it hope that helps tell us what you got 😢

Yea im sure i want a kxf or a crf.....I have ridden yz250fs and dont like the handleing much.

Im still not sure if i want a crf or kxf.....next time i go to the cycle shop im going to sit on both and see which one feels better.

This is why I can't wait until yamaha puts an aluminum frame on these bad boys. Lighter weight plus the strongest and most reliable 250f engine in it's class (imo) should really dominate the other bikes in both handeling and power.

the RM-Z/KXF are exactly the same bike. I havnt ridden a CRF but i have rode a KXF. The KXF had a narrow seat that felt like your were goin to fall off the side of it. THe pegs seemed alittle close to the seat so it was weird feeling. But the bike was real easy to trow around. IT has tons of power. Jumps were easy to make it over and it handled great. Felt like it was glued to the ground on flat corners and on the breaking bumps i couldnt even feel them. If i was you i would ride a RM-Z/KXF and a CRF and make your decision from there.

I also hear you on the yz250f handeling. I am a smaller person, 5'6'' and 125 lbs. My yz250f seems very top-heavy in the corners but I have became use to its characteristics.

Yeah, the YZF is more of a mans bike. When you get bigger you'll like it better.

-Doug

Yeah, the YZF is more of a mans bike. When you get bigger you'll like it better.

-Doug

😢

your mans bike probably woulnd't even be able to pull me up a hill.

I would get a KXF if I were you. Transworld mx mag. says they are the fastest 250 4 stroke mx bike on the market.

Im going to try and ride both bikes (i doubt that will happen though) but im going to go to the cycle shop and try to sit on both and then i will decide which one feels better to me.

Do the KXF250s come with renthal bars like all the other brands of bikes?

Who cares about renthals. Even if I got a new bike, I'd switch them out in a heartbeat.

I actually like the handling on my YZF better than the CRF's. With that said, no one can really tell you which bike is better. Go out there and figure it out for yourself!

yea renthals suck, always throw pro tapers on your new bike 1st thing.

We put a ton of hours on our bikes. My daughters 04 YZ250F was raced 32 times this year with a pro rider without a tear down. It runs perfectly. My WR (WZ250f) I put on average 12 hours a week, much of it spent at the MX track. All we do is change the oil and occasionally the filter. My buddy's with the CRF and KXF spend a lot of time working on their bikes and making excuses. There are plenty of after market solutions to make the YZ handle like a CRF. But there are not enough After market solutions to make a CRF or KXF to be as reliable as a YZF.

but if your still stuck on honda or kawasaki i would probably have to go with the Kaw b/c i think it has lest problems and if not it has more aftermarket stuff to fix it hope that helps tell us what you got 😢

Dude, put the pipe down and step away! I was going to only quote your sentence about the KXF being "more reliable" but your entire post consisted of only one sentence? KXF's are NOT more reliable. Whatever you're smoking, you should share!

I Agree With Mudflaps The Yz Are Much Better In The Reliability Dept And A Good Bike Is One That You Ride Alot

Ya Dont Get Faster Sitting In The Garage