Training wheels on a 50?

I've seen a few of you post pic's of your kids 50's with the training wheels on. Just can't remember which ones they were. My husband had built some training wheels on our sons XR50 but wants to reconstruct them a bit. So if any of you have some close up pics it would be appreciated..Thanks

iryde... how well do those work... and do they hold up. The reason I ask is because I saw a 50 at a local shop with those on it. I like the concept, they just didn't look that sturdy.

they work pretty good as long as they dont do a lot of jumping...... ???

stoddard5.jpg

stoddard6.jpg

they work pretty good as long as they dont do a lot of jumping...... ??

See that was our problem with the ones my husband built. Our son went out and started jumping and bent them and broke a couple of the welds.He fixed them and then he did the same thing thats why are thinking of re-doing them. How do those training wheels hook up to the bike?? ? The ones that we had hook up on the back of the bike like a regular bicycle. Does anybody have a pic of how they are hooked on??

Thanks very much for the pics ?

I don't have pictures of the ones on my son's bike because he doesn't use them anymore. To mount the training wheels, you removed the footpegs. The training wheels mounted into the slots for the footpegs using a pin. The footpegs mounted to brackets on the training wheels. They held up very well. I'm keeping them for son number 2.

I'll post some pictures of the training wheels tomorrow evening. Your husband should be able to fabricate something that is similar.

I don't have pictures of the ones on my son's bike because he doesn't use them anymore. To mount the training wheels, you removed the footpegs. The training wheels mounted into the slots for the footpegs using a pin. The footpegs mounted to brackets on the training wheels. They held up very well. I'm keeping them for son number 2.

I'll post some pictures of the training wheels tomorrow evening. Your husband should be able to fabricate something that is similar.

Thanks ?

Here are some pics of the brackets on the training wheels. The part that is perpendicular to the axel fits in the footpeg mount on the bike. The footpeg mounts to the small piece that is parallel to the axel. Pretty simple to install and remove.

Dsc00001.jpg

Dsc00002.jpg

I bought the BBR Skid plate for my XR50 and drilled 4 holes through the bottom. Then used 2 clamps that went through the holes and secured a 33" long, 5/8" diameter steel bar. On each end, I put a pneumatic dolly wheel that I bought at Harbor freight. The whole setup cost me $20 plus time to drill and install.

Trainingwheels.jpg