Sign in to follow this  

How far & high can you jump your bike?

I have been riding for a few months now. I'm starting to clear doubles and some tables. I think I have been about 6-7 feet off the ground so far. Ok maybe 5ft. Probably 30-35feet or so.

I want to get a feel of how long it will be till I'm airing it out. 😢 I thought I was doing pretty good today at the track until this kid cleared this triple almost over my head as I was doing the double. Plus he was whippin it at the same time. 😢

How far can you jump your bike at will?

How high off the ground?

How long have you been riding?

Keep it Down

i dont do tracks, but i have a tree jump in my woods. basically 2 6" trees fallen, and over time i have ridden over it and its face is like a jump. its only like a foot high, and steep, and i have measured 20' of air. i dont know how high, but i wouldnt expect much air.

Ive jumped about 60 feet far, and that jump threw me about 10 feet high. Keep in mind im on a 85, its a big jump on a 85 (you have to see it, it looks really big) ive only seen a couple other kids on 85 clearing it.

ive done somewhere between a 80-90' double, probably about 15-20 feet up.

The hang time on those kind of jumps are awesome. But dont mess up the consequences are bad.

I crashed on a 80' double and broke my shoulder blade and fractured my collar bone.

Ive been ridng a little bit over a year.

Largest jump I did here ever (largest we HAVE) I measured out with a tape, at 97 feet from take-off to my landing point. Height - I'd say 20 feet from the level ground to the bottom of the wheels - maybe 25. It's tough to judge height, you know?

I've actually landed at a hundred and some change on a step up we have here, but I was seriously pushing it, and actually over jumped the landing COMPLETELY and landed on the flat. The top of the step is about 12 feet, so figure that plus some for height on that. We guesstimated 110 feet or so, but that was NOT a good jump. It was a HARD landing.

We had a triple here around 75 feet out of a short run - I did that thing consistantly. Height on that was fairly low, maybe 10 feet.

I've been riding for 6 years. Started at 19. Don't race at all anymore - used to race hare scrambles, but now I just play ride!

I had a few beers one time and tried to jump my bike. While jumping the bike I hooked my toe on the seat, fell over the other side and knocked the bike off the stand. 😢

😢

I had a few beers one time and tried to jump my bike. While jumping the bike I hooked my toe on the seat, fell over the other side and knocked the bike off the stand. 😢

😢😢 LOL 😢🤣

Jump height depends on speed and the incline of the jump face. I have jumped farther on a gentle slope going faster than I have on an steeper take-off in 3rd gear.

I can only jump in the 60 foot range, but I am also 44 years of age. I will tell you that each time you get a little higher in the air, you will get a different sensation. It is like your body knows that you have reached an elevation that you have never reached before, but just be careful. I hit a jump one afternoon and came up short. It was a tabletop landing, but I bottomed out the front and back suspension at the same time. I needed some more compression, so my ankles took the rest of the hit. I didn't break anything, but I walked with a very noticeable gimp for a week or so......😢

ive hit 17 ft of height i believe on a fmx kicker, about 80 feet in distance on table tops. my goal is to crack 100 sometime this year

LMFAO

You got me beat. I caught the footpeg.

Never tried that again

the two tracks that i normally go to i jump everything on them and the biggest hit is probably about a 60ft and it probably tosses you 10 feet up or so 😢 i just moved up to the 250f a week ago but theres this track about an 1:30 away from me and they have a 100fter that i want 2 try but its a safe one cuz its a 50ft gap then a 50 ft table so mayb we will give it try this season

I do not track race or anything so i do not know how far or high I have jumped. I would guess about 6 feet up and maybe 20 feet long would be a good guess on a maximum jump I may have done... I just trail ride and desert race, not alot of jumping goin on. Not to mention, if I did a big jump I would probbaly break myself... 😢

It's hard to till how high you are off the ground in that pic.

70ft long?

Also how high off the ground was you?

Keep it Down

Yup, 70' uphill double. If you go to www.clubmoto.com and click on thier track layout it shows it. The runway looks like it's lon, but it's not. I had to hold it wide open all the way to the face.

I duno how high I was. I do know that I passed some dude while I was in the air and he was on the ground and I looked down at him. My best guess is at least 15' in the air, maybe more...

my record is 115 feet, but only on a jump set up for distance jumping (high speed approach 30 foot launch ramp, low altitude, easy sloped landing). My record at an MX track is 85 feet (table). Biggest double is around 65 feet. I generally do not do triples unless they are smaller

I am 39 yrs old, so I don't do anything I don't know I can do. I have been riding MX for 6 years. I used to race AMA pro superbikes for 9 years.

40' is about the farthest but it was fast and low. Don't like the high ones. I'm afraid to look down.

Have done a 5' verticle drop at slow speed. Kinda scary because if the bike hiccups you're on your head. Just enough power to land on the rear wheel first. It's more of a trials riding thing.

P.S. On the track layout, it shows a 70' uphill step up. Now it is more like a double, and the second uphill double is more like a stepup.

-Phill