Now that I removed that ugly red plastic from the handlebar...

I bent the stock handlebars first day out and now will install Renthal CR Low bend. When I removed the bolt holding the ugly red plastic (that didn't break) on the clutch side, I see the bolt has a collar that will leave it extruding out the top of the clutch perch when I reinstall it. That wouldn't be perfect to my eye. What's the fix? Can I get a new bolt easily? Shall I get this one machined to my demanding standards? Thanks.

-Tedd

Here you go:

1. Brake Lever Bolt - part #90114-166-006

2. Brake Lever Rubber Boot - part #53176-ML3-791

3. Clutch Lever Bolt - part #90114-428-870

4. Clutch Lever Rubber Boot - part #53177-430-000

Plus you need locking nuts and its a done deal.

any one know of a part number or make of shorter shift levers for the brake and clutch for my '03 XR4? I've cut my bars down an inch each side now my stock levers stick out, which defeats the purpose of the Aceribis brush guards I have on. Any advice?

i picked up a 2 pack of shorter levers made by trick for $6.99 at the local cycle shop - i had the same problem with the stock levers hitting the POS aceribis rally pros.

jeff ?

• 11 months later...
Here you go:

1. Brake Lever Bolt - part #90114-166-006

2. Brake Lever Rubber Boot - part #53176-ML3-791

3. Clutch Lever Bolt - part #90114-428-870

4. Clutch Lever Rubber Boot - part #53177-430-000

Plus you need locking nuts and its a done deal.

Thanks for the part numbers, and hats off to Thumpertalk for having these forums to help us keep our bikes sano!

I have aftermarket handguards on my yamaha warrior, so i just used the old brake lever bolt from my warrior in my XR, fit perfectly. I put aftermarket guards on the xr so i didnt want that brake lever bolt sticking up and cutting me when i crash, which is guaranteed to happen.