Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X or WR250F

What do you think, the CRF250X or the WR250F, please tell me what you think of the bikes, which is best. And which would suit me best.

And which is less maintence and does not cost as much to keep running

All i need it for is light enduro and messing around woodland and greenlanes.

Im 15 5.9" about 140lbs.

Thanks

You are nearly the right size for each bike, so they should probably both fit you. For a novice rider doing light enduro work, the bikes are probably evenly matched in reliability and overall performance. The current WR is a bit older tech with the steel frame (that'll probably be fixed for '06), but if you're just doing light riding, you'll probably be OK either way. First, sit on each bike and try to bum a ride on each one so you know what they feel like. If there's no absolutely clear winner, I'd say pick by dealer. Visit your local Honda and Yamaha dealers and check them out. Find the dealer that seems to stock the most parts, sponsors local riders and really seems "into" the bikes. For example, I have 2 Honda dealers within 2 miles of my house, but I choose to drive 13 miles to a different Honda dealer because they are really "into" bikes (the owner races GNCC-type events regularly). If you still can't decide, pick by color.