Sign in to follow this  

New to forum - wet riding mod?

Hi

I have a DRZ400E that I use for trail riding in England (which generally means going through lots of water!)

After lots of water the bike struggles to idle (surprise!) but generally starts OK.

Anyway - I've used ignition sealer everywhere, but no change. Someone tells me that the crankcase and carb breather hoses should be re-routed into the airbox to stop the problem.

What do you think - or any other suggestions would be welcome (apart from "don't ride through water" - remember this is England!!)

If your in water deep enough to block the carb vent lines it can cause runability problems. . So 4 vent lines,, snip the black plastic band, leave 1 from each side hanging down, and 1 from each side routed under the seat.

Hi

I have a DRZ400E that I use for trail riding in England (which generally means going through lots of water!)

After lots of water the bike struggles to idle (surprise!) but generally starts OK.

Anyway - I've used ignition sealer everywhere, but no change. Someone tells me that the crankcase and carb breather hoses should be re-routed into the airbox to stop the problem.

What do you think - or any other suggestions would be welcome (apart from "don't ride through water" - remember this is England!!)

Yes to Bronco's reply.

The crankcase vent hose should not be re-routed.

The carb vents that get routed up should be located so as not to funnel water and should not be routed into the air box (pressure changes will cause problems)

An "E" bike in the US has no thermostat in the cooling system. In your climate I recommend you add the "S" bike thermostat so your engine will come up to full operating temp.