New YZ 250F Help...

Hello everyone, I've owned a TTR 125 for about 2 years now and its been great. However I think I might like to purchase a Yz250f. Does anyone have any opinions on this bike...pros or cons...any info will help and will be greatly appreciated. And will this bike run great stock or will it need mods?

Thanks in advance! ?

The YZ250F is an amazing bike, it runs good stock but the bars bend easily. So I got Renthal Twinwalls. I have the bike now I have never had any problems with it, but get the suspension set for your weight and height. Mods for the bike its nice to have 53 tooth sprocket on the rear for tight indoor tracks, and maybe a 49 or 50 in the rear for outdoors. I think stock is 48 tooth in the rear. I would highly recomend getting this bike, not much matience besides oil, air filter.

Its a great motorcycle.

All I would do is replace the chain with a quality o-ring before you ride it. The stock chain is junk.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I'm STILL running the stock chain... its been tightened a few times but its still in 'decent' shape and I've ridden that bike at least twice a week since I got it over a year ago... rear sprocket still isn't too bad, either! ?

When I put a good o-ring chain on a bike I adjust the chain once and thats it.

Also I don't lube O-ring chains so no chain lube is needed.

If a chain comes off it can do lots of damage.

And being 210 pounds I'm sure I stretch the chain a bit more than you svelt women.