Sign in to follow this  

Looking for review for the Dunlop 205 .

Anyone used them ?

How good are they ?

And does anyone happen to know how much 1 tire weight approx?

thx.

Anyone used them ?---Yes

How good are they--- Very good for the intended purpose.

And does anyone happen to know how much 1 tire weight approx?--no, not me.

The Dunlop D205 is a sport touring tire. Good grip with reasonable life. 10,000 miles. Gets real gummy when hot after some twisty fun. Still in production in 2004. I have warn out 3 sets and will buy them again when I need tires.

Why are you asking in the DRZ forum? Not a dual sport tire or a motard tire unless you are going to tour on a motard.

no longer in production.there is a bunch out there still,but it was replaced by the d220.

they call it a OE replacement tire now.they will offer them till the supply runs out.

Dumb-lop introduces and obsoletes tires faster than anybody I ever saw. I just picked up a tire application guide at the Seattle M/C show 1 week ago and already it is out of date. Of course it was an 04 guide printed 11/03 but you would think they would want to put out current information. I'm not sure I want to use the 208's for my use. They will probably have something else new by next week.

Thanks for the update.

the d220 is a good tire.your probably safe with 205's for awhile.a few bikes came with time so im sure they have some legal obligation to supply a certian number for a certian time.

Anyone used them ?---Yes

How good are they--- Very good for the intended purpose.

And does anyone happen to know how much 1 tire weight approx?--no, not me.

The Dunlop D205 is a sport touring tire. Good grip with reasonable life. 10,000 miles. Gets real gummy when hot after some twisty fun. Still in production in 2004. I have warn out 3 sets and will buy them again when I need tires.

Why are you asking in the DRZ forum? Not a dual sport tire or a motard tire unless you are going to tour on a motard.

Well , First of all this is the most preffsional forum in TT IMHO...

Second , I do have DRZ which is going to the DS slowly and im looking for cheap set of tires to begin with... ideas ?!

the drz does not weight enough to get a 205 any where near warm enough to have any sort of traction.

they are made for bikes that are almost double the wieght of a drz.

I can't guide you down the cheap path. My standard recommendation for dual sport tires that will see a lot of road use and occasional dirt fire road is Avon Gripsters. 90/90-21 and 120/80-18 for the original wheels. They only come tubeless and obviously you need tubes in the stock wheels. They can be a bit of a pain to seat the bead. You probably were not interested in 205's. They do not come in sizes to fit stock wheels and are not cheap. Give more info on your bike and intended use and you may get some better recommendations.

Well , First of all this is the most preffsional forum in TT IMHO...

Second , I do have DRZ which is going to the DS slowly and im looking for cheap set of tires to begin with... ideas ?!

Go for Metzler Sportec M-1's or Pirelli Diablo's. They are cheap, cutting edge performance, light weight. Excellent tires, you can't go wrong. 😢

Mike