Sign in to follow this  

good parks or tracks in western PA?

Anyone know of any parks or tracks in western PA to ride just for fun or practice, preferably near Pittsburgh? Do i need any kind of registration too, like plate or something? I'd like to go once either my brother or dad gets a bike and go with my buddy who has an older yammie 250.

www.majestictrails.com

Check this place out. 40 plus miles of awesome trails and a practice MX course. Price can't be beat. $35.00 per year or $15.00 per day. Its a 4 1/2 hour drive for us and we have made several trips there already.

I live in Pittsburgh PA and would love to find a trail in the area, I can not just pack up and drive 3 to 4 hours just to ride my bike. Is there any place at all in the Pgh area? 😢

HighVoltage MX Track in Kittaning is about 45 minutes from Pgh

Switchback MX HS in Butler about 45 minutes from Pgh

www.district5ama.org look here for tracks

Slippery Rock Dunes...kinda a joke MX track...decent trails

There are not too many open trail areas around Pgh but many tracks within 2 hours drive

thanks suzookrider, that helped a lot. I'll have to convince my dad to take me to some of these places in the spring one saturday.

You could check out Tower City Trail Riders some day too, it's probably a bit of a drive from Pitt, but they have over 4,000 acres, with trails for all ability levels. They are about 30-40 min north of Harrisburg on I-81n. It would be worth checking out with a group of friends if you get tired of where you are...

http://www.towercitytrailriders.org/index.htm

Wow machu, West Newton, thats really close to me. I'll definitely have to check that out in the spring.