Sign in to follow this  

Have I got a deal for you!

I want a bigger tank, and am considering buying a black IMS 3.2 or maybe a clarke 3.9.....My problem is that I don't know if either one will fit with the Corbin seat. I can not get any info as to what will and what won't work. If either one does not work out...would anyone be willing to buy a new black tank, never filled, in perfect shape, for $25.00 less than retail, shipped to your door? I will probably do this next month....

😢 The Clark 3.9 tank will work fine with the newer Corbin seats. I have an early Corbin seat and all I had to do is make a new Clark tank bracket 1/2 " longer and bend it up slightly It is held on by one bolt and easy to make.

Corbin finely sent me a new front seat bracket and pop rivets to fix the problem. No need to use it unless I need to go back to my stock tank. See pictures on my web page. 😢

My Web Pages:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mrmeeks/melstoys/

'03 DRZ400S Yellow, Dunlop D606 F/R, Clarke3.9, Corbin Seat, Unabiker Rad Grds, CFC Grds,DSP Carbon Fbr Skid Plate & Eng Grds & Cal Grd, IMS S-S Pegs, 9"x4 7/8"X2 7/8"Custom Tool Box, Renthal soft grips, Galindo Grip Protectors.

SOOOO, the Clarke 3.9 will work with the Corbin, Unabikers, And Stock Shrouds? How about the Horn and Fan? BTW, the bike looks GOOD...

NO PROBLEM WITH ANYTHING USING CLARK 3.9 GAS TANK except graphics don't stick very well. Only minor problem is if you try to use a in line gas filter ( like I did ) you have to make a loop in the fuel line to have room for the filter. If you don't use a in line filter you still need a longer fuel line. Go for it! 😢😢😢

ALLRIGHT...That settles it. I'll be getting a black 3.9 as soon as the Holidays are finished! 😢 I appreciate the info mrmeeks 😢

My pleasure Railroader! 😢 I also like your SM. Would do it if I could afford a second set of tires and rims. 😢

My Web Pages:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mrmeeks/melstoys/

'03 DRZ400S Yellow, Dunlop D606 F/R, Clarke3.9, Corbin Seat, Unabiker Rad Grds, CFC Grds,DSP Carbon Fbr Skid Plate & Eng Grds & Cal Grd, IMS S-S Pegs, 9"x4 7/8"X2 7/8"Custom Tool Box, Renthal soft grips, Galindo Grip Protectors.