Howdy fellers,

Looking for somebody to recommend an exhaust pipe. I had been using

the stick Honda pipe with the un-corked tip and I find the thing to

be way to loud with a very unpleasant rasping exhaust note, I

purchased a baffle tip from BD, and although its a good product and

it cut the racket down very well, my bike takes a big performance

drop with it installed.

Could somebody recommend a reasonably priced, well fitting muffler

with good flow, low noise and a sweet note?

I was kinda looking at the FMF "Q", how are they?

Thx

M

I bought the Pro meg pipe and it was no better than stock. The stock pipe with the HRC tip is the best although it will not quite meet 96db. If you drill out the stock tip as per instructions on this site it will barely pass. If you are looking for a great pipe check out the Leo Vince. You will have to find it. There is a link to the US distributor on KTM talk in the RFS threads. I was watching a motocross race in belgium and every close up of any bike, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, or Kawi revealed the Leo Vince pipe. I do not know for sure that they even make one for our pigs.

I just bought a 2001 XR650L with the White Bros pipe but immediately had to buy the Quiet Insert that lowers the sounds by 2-3 db (without really cutting into performance). I am a much happier camper now that I don't need to ride with my earplugs all the time, and the neighbors surely appreciate it too ?

I do not know for sure that they even make one for our pigs.

Yes,they do.. I have 1 on my 650 ?

3 types: - slip on fim (92db i think)

- slip on open (have one with CRD headers: LOUD ? )

- full system (junction pipe pipe/can is 50mm than)

Titanium or alu can...

I run the White Bros "E" Series pipe with 12 discs and the quiet core insert. I was sound tested here in CA and passed at 96.0 db. Before I did all of the other mods to my BRP I ran 10 discs with the quiet core and was tested at 94.4 db.

BTW, the 96.0 db with 12 discs and the quiet core also includes the White Bros header.

i put a 14'' fmf titanium 4 on my pig, it roars like a god-da@%#! tyranosaurus, ?? when i ride around the lakes, the ripples in the water are cool.. baby birds and squirrels fall out of trees, ? and i dont have to worry about getting hit head-on thru tight trails cause they know something BIG is coming..the mid and high powerband is great, i lost a little low end torque but it was well worth it.. loud pipes save lives.. here in florida, hearing aids are second only orange juice $$. we dont have noise restictions ??

Yes,they do.. I have 1 on my 650 ?

3 types: - slip on fim (92db i think)

- slip on open (have one with CRD headers: LOUD ? )

- full system (junction pipe pipe/can is 50mm than)

Titanium or alu can...

Where did you get it??

i put a 14'' fmf titanium 4 on my pig, it roars like a god-da@%#! tyranosaurus, ?? when i ride around the lakes, the ripples in the water are cool.. baby birds and squirrels fall out of trees, ? and i dont have to worry about getting hit head-on thru tight trails cause they know something BIG is coming..the mid and high powerband is great, i lost a little low end torque but it was well worth it.. loud pipes save lives.. here in florida, hearing aids are second only orange juice $$. we dont have noise restictions??

lol, I have the same set-up with the FMF powerbomb headers and the damn thing sounds like a 747 is coming through. The guys who get stuck behind me is hating life because the back pressure puffs from my exhaust pound them on their chest protectors. I've got to do something about that before I get busted. Great for Mexico though!! ?

I've got a Pro Circuit T-4 Setup on mine complete with the headpipe and it is the spark arrestor model. It works great, sounds great, is easily adjustable, and the GREAT guys out at Pro Circuit are always there. I'd definitely recommend it to you if you haven't purchased yet. And YES, it is the pipe our factory boys Campbell and Hengeveld use to win the Baja 1000 overall!

Yeah I hear ya there BIGGITY. So that's what they are called, "back pressure puffs". .cool, never knew..

Also, here in Tx. there are no noise restrictions either, also do some riding in Mexico, great riding in the copper canyon area down there. No noise restrictions there either. Pretty much no kind of restrictions really. haha.

"Are loud pipes legal in Mexico? Heck, Jimbo, everything's legal in Mexico, it's the American way!"

Hi All,

Since I don't believe that only WB are "the best" in terms of money+something=torque+hp.....I made some research over the Web--so IF WE LEAVE some sound limits of 96 and go to 98db. I think good choices are:

LeoVince,CRD,Akrapovich (slip or complete-have a look at the dyno charts:),DOMA,EVO (custom made sucker;).,G&G .I think most of us need torque rather that HP. especially between low and middle and most of these "Exhaust makers" are familiar with it+ they are trying to stay within the noise limits-afterall these products are for sale not for exposition..so have a look and don't sacrifice torque for some power we won't be able to use it- ( I wouldn't like to destroy my bike operating it around 8000rpm. for a long period-just to see "IF" I spent my money well)

hope that helps.....a bit

I have the an '02 BRP with WB "E" not sure how many discs & its very loud.. Where can I get the insert and I am running stock headers. What do I need to run to not get a ticket from the Forest Rangers?? Any ideas.. I was toying with going back to the stock exhaust with 18317-MBN-640 HRC Exhaust insert... Is that a bad idea??

Thanks for any input...

John Mc

On the FMF "Q" pipe I met a LAPD cop riding an 02 BRP and he was dual sporting it.. Sounded legal (& it needed to be) it was his commuter for work during the week. Sounded sweet.. He also told me that he'd bought two packing kits and as yet to repack the exhaust pipe. Its been on the and off road for ages by now.

John Mc

I have the an '02 BRP with WB "E" not sure how many discs & its very loud.. Where can I get the insert and I am running stock headers. What do I need to run to not get a ticket from the Forest Rangers?? Any ideas.. I was toying with going back to the stock exhaust with 18317-MBN-640 HRC Exhaust insert... Is that a bad idea??

Thanks for any input...

John Mc

I bought my quiet core insert from Dennis Kirk. It was around $30 and was enough to make my bike sound test legal.