XR650L: Larger Gas Tank, Which brand?

In the 4 to 5 gallon range, what are the good brands as far as fit, ease of use. is one better than the other, Thanks

Clarke has a 4.7 tank I had on my street Supermoto wooow 2.5 hours 200 plus miles and I still have some petrol to put arround.. Nice looking tank too..

These 2 pictures show the stock XRL and the 4.0 gallon Clarke. This tank's great...

a7a1010d.jpg

a514145c.jpg

Make sure you clean it out when you get it. Mine had a lot of plastic shavings inside of it but it rinsed clean.

Clarke 4.7 easy to install, 180-195 miles per tank...

I've had good results with my IMS 4.0, easy enough to install, no problems so far

These 2 pictures show the stock XRL and the 4.0 gallon Clarke. This tank's great...

a7a1010d.jpg

a514145c.jpg

Make sure you clean it out when you get it. Mine had a lot of plastic shavings inside of it but it rinsed clean.

Do you have any pics of the Clarke tank on your bike?

Here's the before and after with the exterior mods to date which include: utah sport cycle skid plate, pro moto billett tail "rackit", renthal's, acerbis handguards, dunlop 756's, and the clarke 4.0 G...

20d9b409.jpg

27dc5783.jpg

not a bad tank but they are right about the shavings in the tank when you get it from the factory.. what up with that?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ssfp1gpen@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=9f00&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ssfp1gpen@sbcglobal.net/my_photos

I was on my buddies tail most of the time except the straights hehe but we did 200 some miles that day from SF to Bodega bay via twisties and freeway back home.. Clarke tanks rule...

The mods look nice. Thanks for the pics.

The shavings in the new tank are evidence of "production streamlining". Its more efficient for them to let you wash the tank out than for them to do it on the 'line. Just splash some gas in there and pour it out.

Anyway, I have an IMS that must be 4 gal or more and I'm happy with it.

I just read a review about Johnny Campbell's Baja-winning XR650R, and it carries an IMS tank ...

Yeah, but is he sponsored by IMS?

I thought about that, too ... but I bet he still planned on finishing the race ... :cry:

any range of motion problems with the front forks on any of the above recommended tanks (Clarke 4.0/4.7 or IMS 4.0)?

I have the 4.0 IMS, and no problems of any kind, fork clearance, etc... follow their instructions, and tighten up the required bolts carefully, so as not to strip them ... easy install, good fit

Second the 4.0 IMS tank. Check my webpage for pics installed. Fits well, holds extra gas without the elephant effect, and have had no problems.

No interference with the tank and my bars. My handguard mounts come within 1/2 an inch of the tank with the bars pinned in either direction.

The big five gallon tank is the way to go with the bilt in air shrouds, thats the one I'm getting. ( When I can scrape together an extra two hundred dollars ):cry:

Does anyone know the weight numbers for a FULL stock VS 4.0 g VS 4.7 g VS 5.0 g????