Two Stroke Forum Vote

Should TT Add a Two-Stroke Forum (Revised)  

751 members have voted

1. 1. Should TT Add a Two-Stroke Forum (Revised)

• Yes
    • No
    • I could care less

We're lucky over in the Husky forum. We post about our 2 stroke bikes as well as our thumpers all the time. No "Dude, this is a 4 stroke forum. Take your 2 smoke and $#%*@^ it." A bunch of guys just bought leftover '04 Husky CR125's and are loving them. No real need for seperate forum if guys open their minds in Brand forums.

Norman

wats the address to the husky forums

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has there been any official word from the 2 brians on if there is or isn't going to be a 2 stroke forum, they seem to be quiet on this issue. I am sure they realise that the majority want a 2 stroke forum but as this is their "house" they can choose to or not include one. Just be nice for them to let everyone know then we can put this discussion to bed once and for all.

So c'mon TT owners how about letting your "guests" know what is happening one way or another. I would like one but if not it doesn't make a huge difference to me, just TT would be a 1 stop shop then ?

I think we should have a Harley forum as well, also I have a doberman so maybe a dog forum too, I got me a truck too so maybe a truck forum, of course we have to break that one down to models and such, I have a wife too so we need a wife forum, that one can be broken down to fat ones that don't put out and hotties that can cook and clean, I have a whole kitchen full of appliances so we gotta have a kitchen appliance forum too. This place is thumpertalk, enough said. MIKE

I think we should have a Harley forum as well, also I have a doberman so maybe a dog forum too, I got me a truck too so maybe a truck forum, of course we have to break that one down to models and such, I have a wife too so we need a wife forum, that one can be broken down to fat ones that don't put out and hotties that can cook and clean, I have a whole kitchen full of appliances so we gotta have a kitchen appliance forum too. This place is thumpertalk, enough said. MIKE

Yeah because 2 stroke bikes are so radically different than 4 stroke bikes that neither would apply to the other. ?

This is a Four Stroke forum why should anyone expect anything but 4 stroke info here? You don't go to a Chevy forum looking for info for a ford do you??? MIKE

agreed the intention of this site is mainly for 4-strokes, we all know that. however, 4-strokes are only a fraction of what makes this site great, what really makes this site appealing is all the excellent people here. I don't think people come here looking for 2-stroke info directly as in your example, but it would be great to have those same excellent people sharing info and knowledge about 2-stroke bikes as well.

That is, technically 2-strokes might be out of the targeted arena for this site, but a lot of the people here enjoy an arena that includes both 2 & 4. at present there is nothing that prevents 2-stroke discussions from occuring and they do when needed, but I think the ideal would be to focus that info into a collection that is more easily searched and focused instead of cluttering the general section or other areas.

just my suggestion ?

This is a Four Stroke forum why should anyone expect anything but 4 stroke info here? You don't go to a Chevy forum looking for info for a ford do you??? MIKE

umm, actually, i do.

1) i'm a member at dieseltruckresource.com, formerly dodge-diesel.com. it's a dodge site, but they have a "general diesel" forum for discussing non-dodge diesels. i've got help there several times with my diesel suburban.

2) as mentioned previously, KTMtalk.com has forums for each of the japanese brands as well as forums for other euro brands.

Technically you go to a DIESEL site to get information on your DIESEL motor. It may be operated by Dodge but it is still a specific engine type website. You don't go to imporrttuners.com to get info about your DIESEL. This is a four stroke off road site, sure there is info pertaining to general riding but it is still a 4 stroke site. MIKE

Technically you go to a DIESEL site to get information on your DIESEL motor. It may be operated by Dodge but it is still a specific engine type website. You don't go to imporrttuners.com to get info about your DIESEL. This is a four stroke off road site, sure there is info pertaining to general riding but it is still a 4 stroke site. MIKE

you gotta be sh_ttin' me

in the first place, the comparison was one YOU MADE YOURSELF! FORD vs CHEVY! and now you change your tune and try to obfusctate. what a douche ?

most boards out there that're worth a sh_t has a forum dedicated to the competition.

• 1 month later...

I think everyone of us that owns a street bike should come to thumpertalk because they are four strokes as well right.

This is more of a DIRT bike place than it is a four stroke place. Some of us have and like both two and four strokes. Ask all the two stroke questions you want and someone will answer them. I have yet to see anyone ask a question about a street bike, I could be wrong though. We should welcome everyone to the forums.

I will not be asking questions reguarding my CR250 in the WR400 forum. I would ask in the off topic or general forum. Why not create a section for the two strokes, maybe even break it down into make specific categories. The more people you invite, the bigger the knowledge base is. You may even want to have a section for automotive questions. I know there are lots of sites for all of this information but why not be able to help out or get help from as many sources as you can. If someone doesn't want to help out the guy with the F150 or the guy with the CR250 then there is no need for them to go to those forums. I surely don't go and check out all of the forums that are here now, I own a Yamaha so there is no need for me to go to the Suzuki, Honda, Kawasaki, ktm or many of the other forums. I'm not interested in super motard so I don't go there iether as well as most of the geographical location forums.

My point being, if you have no use for a particular forum and offer no advise for those forum users then you are probably not going to look at them.

Ive got a DR650, Intruder 800, and a Banshee, so I guess I qualify as "swingin both ways".

Just for grins I went through the main forum page and looked at all the catagories. I was wondering if I had a 2 stroke bike whether or not the info in that particular catagory would help me out even though this is "thumbertalk". For obvious reasons I skipped the bike specific catagories.

Would the catagory help me if I had say a CR250?

TT Polls - I guess, same as a 4s

Suggestion Box - Same as above

ThumperTalk Tested - Yes it would help

General - Yep

Off-Topic - Same as with a 4s

Thumpette Forum - ?

Pictures & Video - Yes

For Sale - Classified Ads and Auctions - Yes

Tech Articles - Yes

Jetting - Yes

MX Riding Technique - Definetly

Off-Road Riding Technique - Same as above

Suspension - Of course

SuperMoto (SuperMotard) - Of course

Dual-Sport / Adventure - Yep

Pit Bikes - Yes(is my daughters pw50 considered a "pit bike"?)

Vintage Thumpers - Yep

4-Stroke Trials - Hmmmm guess they have to be 4s to post em in there

Land Use/Legislation - Duhhh, ya think?

MotoMan393 (Garrett Berg) Memorial - Of course

Health & Fitness - Yep

New Classified Ads - Yes

Motorcycles For Sale - Yea, already non "thumpers" in there

Parts and Accessories For Sale - Yep

Gear and Clothing For Sale - Yep

Where, When, & Who to Ride With - Yep

The moral of all this....

This would be a great place to come even if all ya had was a 2s. Lots of info and resouces on here that pertain to 2s as well as 4s. Its really hard to believe that there are forums for stuff like "pit bikes", "trials" and "atvs" but some people cant see how much closer a 2s dirt bike is to what/where/how they are riding. One of the things that surprised me when I first started reading in there was that there wasnt a forum for 2s questions/answers. I just cant see how 4s would be hurt by the new forum, and how 2s riders couldnt gain from it. Win/win for everyone.

Oh well, all out of our hands anyways.

Arrogant, close minded people suck no matter what they ride.(only the guilty need feel guilty ?)

THUMPER talk. Here T-H-U-M-P-E-R T-A-L-K . I dont see pinger talk in that. And there is such a place as pinger talk. Type it in and find it. Yes it would be easier than goin back and forth to differnt forums but this is thumpertalk.

Is a CRF150 a thumper? I thought it was a mini bikes or a mo-ped? ?

Flosi77 Its called thumper talk for a reason!!!!! Two strokes suck they will soon be old and outdated machines...hail to four strokes"

these are the kind of people who are crazy about 4-strokes. we ride dirt bikes just because of a different stroke it shouldn't make us hate other riders just because of their bike. If we all unite i think it would be better for the sport to grow.

Flosi77 Its called thumper talk for a reason!!!!! Two strokes suck they will soon be old and outdated machines...hail to four strokes"

these are the kind of people who are crazy about 4-strokes. we ride dirt bikes just because of a different stroke it shouldn't make us hate other riders just because of their bike. If we all unite i think it would be better for the sport to grow.

I dont hate the riders i just hate their whinny bikes......oh ran the bike for 30 hours over the last 3 months...time to rebuild the top end.....hahahha