Colorado rider and TT acknowledgment

New to ThumperTalk as a user, I recently move to Littleton, Colorado from California. I am not that great of a rider, may be a average class C if I had some conditioning... Not to get lost in those mountains, I will need a GPS and some riding partners...

My "John Deer" DRZ tractor already has the JD jet kit and the case protection from TT... I have learned so much on my bike here that I had to become a member. I don't know much about mechanic, but if someone wants some french food advice, I can help ??

And by the way, I feel very humbled to live close to the Master, the God, the absolute DRZ Bible... ? Burned, I don't know you but you have helped me so much with my bike already. Thanks you so MUCH! ? You are my American Idol! With all those advices, I re-jetted my bike myself, which is for me a little miracle...

Talk to you soon guys. I am happy and very proud to be part of the TT community. Great guys, great rides, great fun.

Welcome aboard ?

Congrats on moving to Colorado ? A buddy moved from here to Glennwood Springs so hopefully I can make a trip or two out there this summer.

An ex limberjack huh:) I keep trying to get someone up here to show me how to sharpen my own chains. Everyone who knows how keeps telling me "Just take it in to a shop and have them sharpen it, not worth the time." Bahhh....If I wanted to do that I wouldn't have asked in the first place.

Welcome aboard I've got both an E and a SM I love DRZ's. I'm crippled up enough I could ride with you and I'd hope I wasn't holding you back. I'm an ex-pro with enough health problems to sink a ship. I'm just to dumb to quit. So you ever come down to Pueblo for some winter dirt riding at PMI look me up. PM/s work best because I'm deaf and I ain't heard nothing on a telephone since 1997. prairiedawg ?

Thanks so much for your answers ? . I am looking forward to ride around the state for sure. I have heard about rampart ridge. Is it good place to start? It's pretty close form where I live... So i guess for a morning express ride, that would make it.

Burned, do you have a "commercial" shop? I think I can have my bike serviced and a valve job would not be a bad thing I guess. I can't do it myself, and better to give my business to good people.

For the history, I am not a real lumberjack... I was call a "Bucheron" (lumberjack in french) because where I used to ride in France, there is a lot of trees, and you can bet I have hit couple of them ? :cry: ??

Welcome to Colorado.

Rampart Range is a well known spot and way over used. If you like whoops and standing up all the time you will be in heaven. You need to get up there just to check it out. I little to much snow right now but as soon as you can I would go.

This time of year you should go down to PMI and visit Prarriedog. It is in the colorado bannana belt and might be dry soon. Just going up in the hills and cruising some dirt roads will be fun since you are a newcomer to the state. It is very nice any time of year. Check out your local bike shops and they will tell you where to ride close by.

Enjoy!

Frl lumberjack save Rampart for the weekdays idf possible. When the place dries out some it's supercrowded on the weekends. I love riding it on a Monday, less people but Like EZGZ said it's one whooped out mother. I get tired just thinking of it sometimes. I'm old enough I rode the place when it was smooth. I can guarantee you that was a very long time ago, prairiedawg:D ? :cry:

I live about an hour south of Grand Junction. If you find yourself out in on the western slope, let me know. I rode a lot of cool places in the San Juan mountains last summer. Grand Mesa is a well kept secret also. Welcome aboard.?