Rear wheel bearing number?

G'day fellow Thumper Talkers,

After nearly 3500km's, my rear wheel bearings are beginning to wear. I priced "genuine" yamaha bearings and it totals Aus$114!!! :D

I plan to buy the bearings from a bearing supply but need the code stamped on the side of the bearing housing. I don't have access to my bike because it is stored two hours away from where I live and my manual is with the bike. I wanted to replace the bearings for this weekends ride but it is impossible for me to get the numbers before then.

If anyone has the bearing code or access to their manual, please respond.

Thanks.

Grum. ?

• Like 1

Grum, didn't know if you would check here or the YZ side but I don't thind you will get a better deal than Pivot Works bearings. They have kits that have bearings and seals. They also have swingarm, linkage and shock kits.

From MX South the wheel bearing kits are $30. That's not too bad in my book.

Check them out at http://mxsouth.com/pivot/pivtoc.htm

Jon

------------------

01 YZ426F, 99 YZ400F, 86 XR250, 76 RD400, 71

Heavily Modified Z50

Cambo and Jbird,

Thanks for the info guys. Hope I get another 3.5k out of the new set of bearings. FYI all my riding has been hard through the bush on tight single track and 4WD access trails. I mostly ride around the Otways in South West Victoria and sometimes get to play in the Victorian high country. What service life have you gotten from your stock bearings?

Cheers.

• 6 years later...