Handguards for a WR450?

I've got a 05' WR450 that I want to get a set of handguards for. I checked my Acerbis (Rally II I believe) guards that I had on my old bike and they don't look like they will fit, at least not very well. I like the looks of the Acerbis Rally Pro handguards but will they fit my bike? What is anyone else putting on their bikes? Thanks.

Matt

I just got a set of Cycra Racer Pack, MX Standard Aluminum Bars, Black Probend from Rocky Mountain, the trick to getting them is buying the correct set for your size of bars.

if your running the stock set of bars here is what i just got LINK

I think there the best looking handguards bar none, (No Pun intended)

Good Luck

Check out www.woodsblaster.com They are an active advertiser on thumpertalk. I have their one piece battering ram style handguard kit on my bike. The one piece style is unique and it adds protection to any equipment on your dash. The plastic used on the handguards is flexible enough to not crack apart in a crash. I got my handguard kit with my name engraved on them. You will see a WR450 on their website with the handguard set-up. Thats my bike.

Thanks for the responses. I will double check the Rally IIs I have - it looks like they should fit and they are even the right color. However, I might put them back on my old bike though since it is now my "buddy" bike so I will also look into the Cycra guards - they sound like what most people are using. bottomfeeder2 - I'm curious as to why your throttle won't spring back - seems like there might be something rubbing against it. When I put the guards on my old bike I didn't cut the grips far enough back at first and the cut end of the grip would get hung up a little on the guards and the ends of my bars. Just a thought. Aesthetically I like the Rally Pros the best, however, it takes more than good looks to get me into bed. ? Thanks again for the input.

Matt

bottomfeeder2 - I'm curious as to why your throttle won't spring back - seems like there might be something rubbing against it. When I put the guards on my old bike I didn't cut the grips far enough back at first and the cut end of the grip would get hung up a little on the guards and the ends of my bars. Just a thought. Aesthetically I like the Rally Pros the best, however, it takes more than good looks to get me into bed. ? Thanks again for the input.

Matt

I think you're right. I didn't spend as much time on mine as I did on my daughter's (TTR125). Hers were more important, because she costs me $30 in shift/brake levers every time we go out. The TTR125 plastic throttle handle had a very small hole, so I had to ream it out with the largest drill bit I had (not quite large enough).

As far as the good looks go, I'm stuck with my God-given looks. So I have to compensate by sprucing up my bike.

I just ordered these http://www.acerbis.com/p106_handguard/7838.html They are brand new my dealer didn't even know about them. They are kinda pricey $142 but i like the bend and the overall look.
Does the $142 include the mounting kit? I notice they use the same mounts as the other Acerbis guards. So it would be easy to switch to these and use the same mounts.