Sign in to follow this  

letting out air in tires

I know I ask a lot of questions about riding in the snow but my neighbor told me to let some air out of my tires when i ride in the snow.i poped a bmx tire on ice before so would letting out air reduce the chance of the tire poppin and would it give me more traction? :cry::cry:

I agree. Let out some air. Here are the issues: wheel spin and pinching tubes between the rim and tire when you get into rocks.

If you don't have the rim lock on the rear tire, be careful how low you go. You don't want to spin the tire on the rim.

I ride with about 9.5 pounds in the front and that feels about right. Experiment. :cry:

Really depends on the tire, bike and terrain. I have run some tires ( Trelleborg ultra light ) with as much as 16psi. I normally run 12psi. If wet I drop down to 11 ft and 10 rear. IF really wet I will go as low as 10 psi ( if the tire has enough sidewall ) in the front and as low as 8 psi in rear. But it must be really sloppy.

Cher'o,

Dwight

it gives more traction but you have a better risk of blowing one off just look at the offroad trucks they all run beadlocks to bad they dont make those for bikes...........

Our rim locks work just fine even with a flat rear tire I can gently ride it back to change the tube with dual rear rim locks. :cry: