Sign in to follow this  

Stomp pads. Do they work and will they stay on?

Basically that is my question. How well (if at all) do the Stomp Pads work and will they actually stay on the bike?

Thanks.

nah, companies usually make products that dont stay on the bike. sounds wierd, but you actually have to call the company for the good pads that stay on the bike.

same thing with functioning. if you dont call for those, you get junk

They grip is just fine. I could not get them to stay stuck to the bike. I like plain old scateboard grip tape better. It is a lot less money. I would not buy them again.

They grip is just fine. I could not get them to stay stuck to the bike. I like plain old scateboard grip tape better. It is a lot less money. I would not buy them again.

I am with RCannon....they work sure....for about 2 rides, and in hot weather the adhesive gets all gummy and they move around..then dirt gets under the edge...then it doesn't stick anymore...and so it goes on until you have a brown stained flap of material hanging off the side of your bike.

Great idea...I bet the pros that use them replace them every race. I won't spend $35 on them for a weekend of riding...

I am with RCannon....they work sure....for about 2 rides, and in hot weather the adhesive gets all gummy and they move around..then dirt gets under the edge...then it doesn't stick anymore...and so it goes on until you have a brown stained flap of material hanging off the side of your bike.

Great idea...I bet the pros that use them replace them every race. I won't spend $35 on them for a weekend of riding...

Yep! agreed. scateboard grip tape is not to grippy? I was going to get some but was afraid it was to agresive.

take your time putting them on and they should last a good amount of time. They do eventually begin to peel though. I dont think that they added an speed for me though.

Yea does skateboard tape tear up your pants at all? I would imagine that it sticks rather well to your bike. I was thinking of getting some stomp grip but who in their right mind would spend $35 even if you got 10 rides out of them.

Basically that is my question. How well (if at all) do the Stomp Pads work and will they actually stay on the bike?

Thanks.

Great idea, but they don't last more than 2 rides. I cleaned my fresh frame (never ridden) several times with brake cleaner, then put on the stomp grip and rigged up a c-clamp with a piece of wood to really put pressure on it while it set up. Still, 2 rides. I decided I did like the extra grip, so I bit the bullet and bought the Carbon Fiber Works frame guards with Grip. Pretty good quality and it's bolted on. Definitely expensive, but I spent nearly as much on enough Stomp for my X and my sons bike only to have it all fall off.