Sign in to follow this  

What's my estimated peak HP?

depending on the powerband you have on it...i would say around 55 h.p....but some of those powerbands can boost you up to around 60

Why is everybody worried about horsepower numbers? Unless the race is on the dyno they dont mean squat!!!. These bikes have so much power you are not using in stock form unless youre Ricky Carmichael. Everybody is hopping them up when they should spend there money more wisely --like on riding lessons. If I sound rude--Im sorry--I just had to vent. I raced a stock CR500 in the Expert class for 4 years and I felt the same. Now I have an 05-450 and it will probably stay stock for quite a while. I dont care about appearance (graphics,colored rims,talon hubs....) I dont want or need the fastest bike in the pits.

thats nice.good for you.dont mod your bike and be happy.:cry:

weve been over this before.a stock crf will get eaten a live in supermoto.thats just the racing i happen to do now.big horsepower crf's when done right are easier to ride and are just flat out fun for any riding.

anyway,back to TFB's question.....

any dynojet centers where your at?if so slap a street tire on the back of that thing and see what it does.

anything else is just a guess.

this thread is not about riding ability.

everyone can benifit from some riding instruction no doubt.but that doesnt make us fools for tuning our bikes.

you go about how ever you want on your bike.thats beauty of being you.you can do whatever you want.

just like every one else can.:cry:

I race MX and Grand Prixs. What I was saying was for dirt riders but it might apply to Supermoto. Anybody can go all out down a straightaway using the point and squirt method but what happens in the corners? Your skill level in braking and cornering and passing will make the difference not more horsepower.If Im wrong I will stick to topics on dirt.

no,your right but only partially.

if your faster thru the corner and pass the guy thats cool.but when he yanks you down the straight by several bike lengths then where are you at?in the same place.

why not be a good rider and have some hp too?:cry: brake late,on the gas sooner and motor away.:cry:

but the thing is its there money let them spend it :cry: also anyway u can get advatage on your compition the better off u are weither its riding skill or a better bike :cry:

(SIGH) Why do we want more ponies? Because WE CAN and horsepower is a beautiful thing!! Depends on where, when and how you ride. If you want more ponies, get-er-done!:cry:

Maybe some people don't care how good they are. Maybe the lik to just go fast in a strait line. Maybe you are just upset because you have a stock bike with out graphics, big bore, cam, exhaust. Who cares as long as the people are happy with there bike and have fun! Oh and ricky is so good his bike is putting out alot more horse power then stock. Maybe TFB is that good of a rider You just don't know.Just my opinion. I love to have extra power for those open areas when I'm screwing off!:cry:

Thanks, Burned! The point of my post is "What do you estimate my peak HP to be?" I put a lot of time and money into my bike, I don't care if I can use it, or if I can't (I CAN!). . . I just want to know about (estimate) how many ponies I'm pushing! I don't have access to a dyno here, nor do I REALLY CARE what I actually am at, I just wanted to have a LITTLE FUN and see where I might be at! Let's don't get into the "More power than you can use. . " debate here!:cry:

oh come on the "usuable power" debate is FUN!!! id guess youre around 56/57... BUT, get that thing to the dyno, lets see it!

dan

When i first started playing with these things we had a 101 mm wiesco kit and a mildly ported head in comparison to what i do now and a jemco down pipe and the bike made 57 hp on high octane race gas because i didnt no better then im sure that more could have been gotten from it but we had problems with the cylinder .

When i first started playing with these things we had a 101 mm wiesco kit and a mildly ported head in comparison to what i do now and a jemco down pipe and the bike made 57 hp on high octane race gas because i didnt no better then im sure that more could have been gotten from it but we had problems with the cylinder .

Ron are you saying you actually make more power on the pump gas? (with that setup)

WE were using i think it was 110 octane torco and it would have made more power with premium no lead we use VP mr9 and nutec special 5 these are both low octane fuels we use them on the miles with 13.5 -1 compresion and have had no problems .i going to show my age here but i wonder if riding the TM 400 suzuki which earned the name killer cyclone back in the 70s would compare to riding a Rhc 60 hp crf 450 now days .I t was fun back then i remember my freinds saying it was a bich being behind it when the power came on chest protectors were a thin padding then the huskys and the maicos would loft the rocks and you would run into them the killer cyclone shot them @ you like a machine gun ,Ah the good old days

RHC, a friend of mine bought a sano TM400 the other day, all original. He does vintage races with a couple of old Huskies and now he will try out the TM400 Zook. Back on the HP issue, no we can't use all the HP our 450's have, but I sure like a good holeshot. With skill levels being equal the big HP bikes will be out front at the start. In our short local motos that makes a difference.