Sign in to follow this  

Baja, 4 Days 550 Miles

I just got back from a killer ride in Baja. We had a 4 day ride with NO DUST:applause: We started in Tecate and rode to Ensenada the first day via Ojos Negros for some tacos. There was a storm in the works so we headed to San Felipe on the second day and did a speed run across the dry lake bed, NOT. :devil: About half way across we hit a soft patch :cry: When I pulled up it looked like a yard sale with bikes all over the place. I guess the standing water in the tire tracks was a dead give away but the Boss told everyone to stay on the path. :cry: Once we got everyone out of the mud we railed to the hotel. This trip we had 2 helmet cams going so we were able to get some good footage. One of the guys mounted the camera backwards while I had mine frontwards. It made for some good bench racing that night. The 3rd day we headed to Mikes Sky ranch along with two other tour groups. As it turned out Johnny Campbell was with one of the other groups that went to Mikes. I got to meet the master of the desert :D , he's a real nice guy. The traction was perfict. We had 14 riders and I was able to see the Trailboss in front of the pack so there was no waiting around. We had a group on enduro riders form PA that could ride so that is what we did. On the last day we headed back to Tecate through the pine forest. It was a little slippery because it snowed the night before but again NO DUST :cry: I couldn't beleave it when I saw the other tour group load everyone up on the truck at lunch and leave. They missed some of the best riding you will ever see in Baja. NO DUST :devil: Oh well you don't always get what you pay for :cry: All the guys I rode with were :cry: top notch riders so we did a lot of single track this trip. Did I mention No Dust.

This sounds great!

How does this work? Was this organized by someone local and for a fee you could join the ride, or was this just a group of you and friends doing this on the fly and hoping that nothing too bad happens?

Mike,

Is the north end of the sandwash at San Matis still fenced off??

Corky :cry::cry:

We spent saturday night at mikes. Got in late and got the last chow served. Only did 2 days but we did a little over 400 miles. The tacos in ojos are awesome.

This was a Trailboss tour I was sweeping for. Now that I'm working and going to school full time I don't get to ride as much. :cry:

Corky, I'm not much on the names but if your talking about the fench where the sand wash meets the road heading to the lake bed, Yes it was open. I had to close the gate and my bike fell over because the sand was real loose. :cry:

bubbagums, We spent the night at Mike Saturday too. Were you the group of 7 that got snowed on in the pine forest? I was talking to the first rider in at the bar.

Just 4 of us in the group. One has a trailer at Mikes about 50 yards from the compound.

Corky: Ask Ed about the trail. He and Dave rode to San Felipe on Sunday as we rode out and home.

Moredesert: Was your group the one with the 650's all lined up?

No that was Johnny's group Our bike were on the end with the 3 green KLX400's. I saw the bikes by the trailer up top, you must have got there after dark.