Sign in to follow this  

Ocatillo this past weekend.

If you can go go soon. With all the rain it is grippy as all hell out there. No dust. I dawn patrolled it with a buddy on Sunday and rode till dark. I'm hurting like a mo-fo after doing 120 miles but it was epic. The blowsand parts (not the retard hill everyone charges up and down) were damp and awesome to berm off of. Anyway good time to go!:cry:

Sounds like my recent trip. Like you said the conditions are incredible. I couldn't get off the bike, the low desert just dosn't get like that very often. Rode from 6:00 AM till 2:00 AM only stopping for gas and a quick snack. Then up again 6:30 the next morning until 3:00 PM and then I could barely drive home. You just don't see Ocotillo that green, some areas I actually saw grass.

Even more green and wildflowers if you're willing to make the ride from ocotillo wells to superstition.It was great this weekend.Perfect traction,great weather and scenery.Best of all is,with all the water flow the washes have changed quite a bit.It's like having a new riding area.

Wait till this spring guys! With all this water the desert flowers are going to be incredible. The ocotillos are already green, and are going to get greener in the next couple of months. We will be dodging caterpillars for sure this spring, and there is going to be some messy helmets with all the butterflies. :cry:

you guys shouldve seen superstition mnt.! the whole base of the hill was purple with flowers. A real nice diversion while racing through them in fifth gear absolutly pinned!

what a weekend for riding!

see you all in the dez

Miguel

I thought Ocotillo was great as well!! Not to crazy busy, but fun to see some major jumping at Devil's Slide!! Sad thing though, quad vs. Rail.... Rail won, 11 year old girl passenger saw daddy kill the quad rider. Just a reminder, be safe out there!!!

Superstition is further south, near Ocotillo, not near Ocotillo Wells. These 2 often get confused. Folks just need to start differentiating between Ocotillo and Ocotillo Wells because they are 2 different spots quite a ways from each other. Mojave Desert Racing (MDR) is now hosting races in the Superstition area of Ocotillo. You should check out their page www.mdrracing.com it's pretty cool stuff.

ocotillo wells is one of my favorite riding spots. i've spent a lot of time out there, and its a blast every time i go. my favorite spots are between the camps chasing small trails through the rought desert, between Shell Reef and Pumpkin Patch, and now up through the Arroyos in the north side of the park. Our last trip we did an AMAZING ride through the north east corner of the area, leaving from homes camp, going up to the northern most arroyo, down following the 86, and back on Oil Well Wash road. For a lot of the ride we didn't see ANYONE, and at times there weren't even tracks from other riders. The ground was tacky, and in some spots a still wet, and it was 75 degrees with not a cloud in the sky.. it was like a dream. :cry:

MDR is not the only company puttin on races out there.

Sidewinders and Roadrunners put on really good races in the area. from fast to technical they know the area.

when you ride to superstition from octo area, say near the blu inn gas station, is there a certain trail you take or do you just head toward superstition and pick a path as you go?

the only answer is yeah both of those. There are some real deep washouts out there you gotta navigate and I 'm allways lost anyways so yeah both