Sign in to follow this  

Which should I get, an 85 or a 125.

If you are going to get a new bike, go with a 125 or 250F. It will take a little getting used to at first but the step is not that big. My friend went from a XR 100 to a YZ 125 with no problems at all.

you didnt even ask about his height, if your on the shorter side like me, you may have a hard time touching down on any of the full size bikes

yea..if you can fit comfortably on a 125 then i would definately say get that. you sound like you are/will be too big for the 85 soon. you should know though that 125 cost quite a bit more. but if you can ride it, and can get the money, definately get the 125:thumbsup:

Go for a 125, my brother went from a xr-100 to a rm125. He had growing pains, but is now better on it. Took him a while to get use to the power band, power, and bigger bike. You will get it quick though. If you have enough for a 250f that would probably be better though.

Id get the 85 and put a worked 100 engine in it!

I say get a brand new KX100 mx bike-like mine:D . about the size of an 85, and about midway in the power difference between that and a 125.

you didnt even ask about his height, if your on the shorter side like me, you may have a hard time touching down on any of the full size bikes
Yes I know that but I was talking more about power.

I am 5' 7" and 148lbs
deff way to big

get a 125 or 250f

i think youll find the transition to the 250f easier, its a 4stroke the exact same as yours wtih some more power if you WANT it. see what im saying?

i made the transition from an 85 to a 250f, i did awesome too, won junior the first year..i found it was 10x to 'click' with the 4stroke, i still cant ride a 125..at all'

good luck mang

ttrrider, he said nothing about having a 100 motor in a mx bike?? But yea, I would get a 125 also.