Sign in to follow this  

i need riding gear

as far as boots go i would say that alpinstar makes the best boots. im just getting a cheap pair of fly boots for now, and see how they hold up:excuseme:

Don't be afraid to spend a little extra money on some good boots. I've seen too many guys who have bought cheap boots and have paid the price.

Try the new thor boots, $130, very comfortable, durable, and seem to be well made. I just bought a pair and love them. Do not get O'neal element boots or anything like that, they do not last long and are very very weak. I wore holes is the sides, half of the sole in parts is gone, and the shin part is bent down. Those wont help much with protection. Better off spending a little more for something that will last longer.

I am thinking the easy way to go is hit rockymountainmc.com, search for gear in your price range that looks good to you, and buy it. But I will agree to spending a bit more for a GOOD pair of boots. I got the new O'neal Hardware boots and love 'em!

Also check closeouts and sales, places will be wanting to sell the old 04 stuff. But rockymountainmc.com does have great prices on gear.

<humph!!!> i just got a new pair of 2005 oneil elements and i think they'll hold up just fine. of course i don't mx or sx just some trail riding and stuff so that'll probably make a difference too. it's my first pair of boots so it's a learning experience:excuseme:

Milk (what the hell?), Doug Dubach uses the same boots as you. If they can stand the abuse of a factory test rider/racer...then they're good enough for you.

There really isn't to many companies that make bad gear. Fox, Thor, whatever you can get that feels durable and for a good price go with it. It doesn't have to be from big-name companies. Do not be cheap however when it comes to boots, get a set that is very durable and will last you a few years. I suggest Fox Forma Pro's or AlpineStars Tech 6 or Tech 8.

Check the "sale" section of foxracing.com

Sometimes they have boatloads of stuff cheap, other times it's pretty picked over. Also check E-Bay.

Try the new thor boots, $130, very comfortable, durable, and seem to be well made. I just bought a pair and love them. Do not get O'neal element boots or anything like that, they do not last long and are very very weak. I wore holes is the sides, half of the sole in parts is gone, and the shin part is bent down. Those wont help much with protection. Better off spending a little more for something that will last longer.
What he said, I got the T30 pair as my first riding boots. There tough and comfortable, there not really water proof when you'r spraying the mud and dirt off with a water hose.

Only4Strokes- well, that's what i thought too but all i get done hearing about them is how crappy they are. i just got mine today and am very very happy with them as far as the fit and comfort factors and they seem like they'd be able to go through hell and back if you'd ask me. they're very rigid and i don't see myself having to worry to much about twisting any ankles. the only problem i can see(and not really a problem) is that it might take some adjustment to be able to shift properly. i think i may have to raise my shifter a little bit. won't really be able to tell till the snow melts and i can actually ride and go through the gears a bit and see how it feels. but anyway i'm very happy with them so far.:cry:

If you have wide feet, the Thor t30's may not be for you. The new quadrant by Thor is much wider however. I have the T30's and they have been very durable, but I have wide feet and the toe box is just too narrow. My buddies have upper end O'neals and they love them, they are very comfortable, and wide:applause: .

a-stars good....oneal element boots bad. I had the element boots and they really dont give much support, the a-stars are ridiculously comfortable compared to them not to mention make your legs feel like their bulletproof... and thor makes quality gear:thumbsup: