Sign in to follow this  

Manchester State Forest OHV

Called their office today and they confirmed that Manchester is now open again for riding. Sunday's for sure, but I didn't ask about Saturday's.

Should be any day of the week now that hunting season's over. At least that's how it used to be down there, Sunday's only during hunting season and wide open the rest of the year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Should be any day of the week now that hunting season's over. At least that's how it used to be down there, Sunday's only during hunting season and wide open the rest of the year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

where is manchester?

Yup, Manchester is open for business. You are right, during hunting season, riding is Sundays only. What the hunt season is, I am not sure. Whenever you ride public trails in SC, its best to call before you haul!

Lets be careful out there guys, we dont need anymore "investigations"!!!

Robert

I still don't get why they even have the purple trail on the map. If we can't ride it, they shouldn't list it.

Because the people that run the forest are two lazy to take it off. The people doing the website have probably never even been out there.

Those people are all buerocrats who are caught up in beurocratic BS. They don't have time to actually go out into a forest.

David, are you related to Tony Dantzler?

I'm not related to Tony either, but I still keep in touch with him. I was a member of the Santee Cycle Club. :cry:

Tony, another David, and I rode some the Monday after Christmas.

I'm not directly related to Tony but I am from the same area. I was too young to get involved with the Santee Cycle Club before it dissolved. I was in high school when they had the last ash hill poker run. Tony wouldn't know me if he saw me, but next time you see him tell him I said hello. Where do y'all (foxtrot and bigivy) live and where do you ride?

Any TTer's gonna be at Manchester this wk/end? I'm thinking of making the drive early Sunday.

Im not gonna make it On Sunday thats about 3 hours for me.

Tractor maintenance on Saturday, tractor driving on Sunday.....

Robert

Are you talking about maintenance happening on the trail system or your personal stuff?

Im not gonna make it On Sunday thats about 3 hours for me.

Let's not give up on Brushy yet, they might reopen if the sun stays out.