Sign in to follow this  

Stock Exhaust Question

Not too bad. The muffler section is about 9 lb. The "S" muffler is 2 Db quieter than the "E" so it is slightly different inside. I have had both apart and I can not see the difference.

If you want to stay quiet, the stock is the best quiet pipe. If you want to lighten up, gain some performance and make more noise then get a Muzzy or Yosh.

Is there a difference in the "E" models exhaust?

Thanks

There is a diffrence in the head pipe on the E vs S. I'm not sure what, but the E fits diffrent than the S some how. bronco, and burned know exactly what it is. The muffler its self is basically the same I think.

I posted this last night, but since we lost everything, I'll try again.

The 'e' pipe is slightly larger in diameter than an 's' model, is that right?

Is there much benefit to replacing the stock 's' with a stock 'e' system? Is there much work to make it fit? Is it worth the effort?

Just wondering if when I do the 3x3 mod, DJ kit and jets, if the 'e' exhaust would help any. I want to keep it fairly quiet, and should be able to find a used 'e' cheap.

The headpipe is 3mm larger in diameter on the E, it is easy to adapt to an S (do a search), and whether it is worth it or not depends on how much it costs you to pick one up. I personally went with a muzzy with the quiet core/spark arrestor and it was an extreme improvement in ridability. The bike became much more responsive.

The headpipe is 3mm larger in diameter on the E, it is easy to adapt to an S (do a search), and whether it is worth it or not depends on how much it costs you to pick one up.

I agree. Sometimes the middle mounting point for the muffler mounts up to the rear passenger peg, some times it doesn't.

Slight increase in power from the S to E exhaust. Bigger benifit is, IMO, the reduction in unfreindly engine compression braking due to the reduction in backpressure.