Sign in to follow this  

STM Slipper clutch

Any one have experiance with one of these. My dad would like to purchase one. I told him it is a waste of money but He wants to know what you guys think!

Everybody on a Factory Yamaha 450 ran one last season. ( Don't know about the 250F's). Slipper's are great if engine braking bothers you. It's not as big an issue on the Honda's but for the Yamaha's it's a real improvement.

worth its weight in gold on my supermoto.some people find the engine braking a hinderance in the dirt as well.if that him,the stm is the ticket.doesnt eliminate the engine braking.just lessens it.

i agree completely with burned (i ride supermoto too)... the thing is awesome. watch out the first time you ride with one though... weird! yes they are a little expensive, BUT if you dont like the extreme engine braking... get one. its worth it!

dan

also has any one ridden one on a motocross or supercross track. if so how is it off jumps??? My dad is old school and doest like how you have too hold the gas all the way off the jump.