Sign in to follow this  

2 S card questions

I have a 02 S with a DJ kit and have a couple of questions.

#1 Do I have to remove the carb to install a Kientech extended air screw, or do I just unscrew the stock one and screw in the Kientech?

#2 I need to change my main jet to a 132 but can't find the one that came in my DJ kit. Can I just pick up a 132 MJ at the dealer?

Thanks!

Jack

1) You may have to drill the plug in order to get the fuel screw away. In that case it might be easier to remove the carb. You can also change the screw by rotating the carb 90 degrees.

2) Yes.

I have a 02 S with a DJ kit and have a couple of questions.

#1 Do I have to remove the carb to install a Kientech extended air screw, or do I just unscrew the stock one and screw in the Kientech?

#2 I need to change my main jet to a 132 but can't find the one that came in my DJ kit. Can I just pick up a 132 MJ at the dealer?

Thanks!

Jack

If the brass plug over the stock fuel screw has not been removed,, you'll need to pull the carb to do that.... and I'd remove it in any case,, though some folks would rather leave it in place,, and work in a cramped, mistake prone environment :cry:

Yes you can get a 132 jet from the dealer, the TT store,, and several other places.. But why??? It's of no use in the DRZ :cry: unless you are riding way, way up in elevation

5000-6500 ft. usually. A 132 MJ was what Eddie suggested when I PM'd him. He did most of the original mods to my bike, so the plug's out. I have a 90 degree screwdriver so I'm not worried about being able to reach the air screw. I'm installing the extended air screw for trailside adjustments when I get really high up in the hills.

((I have a 90 degree screwdriver so I'm not worried about being able to reach the air screw.))

If you can get at it with 90degree screwdriver , that's good but I doubt it.

I don't have the adjustable fuel screw, popping out the idle adjustment knob out of the wire carrier. With a small precision screwdriver, you can just get your eyeball up in that hole laying on your back with a small flash light.

If you need to count turns, you can just stick the screwdriver up in there and turn all the way clockwise, mark at that point on the screwdriver with a magic marker, then you can go counter clockwise ever how many turns you need utilizing the adjustment mark.

more than likely is reasonably set so 1/4 turn one way or the other may work. Once set I haven't had much need to adjust, maybe an 1/8th turn between winter and summer at the most.

Your milege may vary>G<

5000-6500 ft. usually. A 132 MJ was what Eddie suggested when I PM'd him. He did most of the original mods to my bike, so the plug's out. I have a 90 degree screwdriver so I'm not worried about being able to reach the air screw. I'm installing the extended air screw for trailside adjustments when I get really high up in the hills.
ok,,, yup,, your in the alt range, where those smaller jets can be used... I'm a sea level rider.. so a 132 just gets in the way of the jet I'm really trying to get to :cry:

A good shop should have them,, or you can order from the TT store,, direct from Sudco would also be an option.

Thanks for the confirmation bronco! A second opinion is always welcome, especially from one of the guru's of the board!