Sign in to follow this  

Put The TT-R250 Through The Paces Today

Took the bike for it's first real ride today (without the kids) so I could run it. Had it out on a motocross track for a day of pretend racing. It really suprised me, It was turning pretty decent lap times and rode nicely. I know...I know...it's not a WR or a CRF but hey..I had a good time. :cry: Anyone wanna race:eek:

What type of jumps did you run into (or should I say over?).

I have only trail ridden mine; but once the boys get up to speed a bit I told them I would take them to a local track you can ride on. Since its soft and cushy on the trails I wondered how it would do from jumps more than bumps on the trail....

It will bottom out in a hurry. BUT-considering what the bike is made for if you stiffen up the compression a little you will be please with its performance- Remember its not a YZ.:cry:

Never hoped it would be a YZ (my last one was a 1989 YZ-250; first year with the upside down forks..)

Plus, I'm 45; have no intention of going for the height/length jump award; I have to be at work on Mondays :cry:

Was just curious of its manners at moderate leaping so I know what to expect!

The track that I rode would probably be considered a "VET" track, not real difficult. There were a couple of smaller jumps and a "tabletop" as well as nice sandy berms and whoops everywhere. Im like you Dave, Im 42 and don't really desire to try and clear triple jumps, I also have to be back at work the next day. As far as the suspension goes, I really can't complain, it did well. The front forks bottemed out once or twice but the rear seemed to do O.K. BUT...the last time I raced in a motocross event was in September of 1991 on a CR500, and I'll bet that the suspension on the TT-R 250 is very similar to the suspension on a 1990 CR500. So I guess what Im saying is that I probably don't know any better suspension anyways. You just kinda get used to the way a bike works and you work with it the best you can.:cry:

The '05 TT-R250 suspension looks exactly like my '87 YZ suspension! (probaly is like it come to think of it)

I bought my wife a TTR-250 several years ago. When I take my kids out to go riding and she doesn't want to go I take her bike. To tell you the truth sometime it is more fun than my KTM 450. I know I can get throught the tight stuff much easier on hers than mine. Since the MHSC races hardly ever have any tight stuff I wouldn't think of racing it here, but sometimes when we go to IL to race I have been tempted to take hers. She would kill me though. They are a great bike!!!!