Sign in to follow this  

"Lifan" engines (as seen on ebay)

guys sellin brand new e.startengines and claims the fit everything from SL70s to XR200s including the XR100

anyone know if they are worthy?

thx

I have ridden the red cat 90 with a lifan motor and it is pretty fast. I only rode it on pavement, but felt quite responsive (with some drilling of the jets). The one problem with jetting was it uses some unknown jets that aren't the same as mikuni or keihin. The thing was a four speed manual based off the sl70. If they are cheap enough it might be a good buy. If not, buy a honda motor and hop it up.

I have a similar clone motor & the carb is a copy of the keihen (spelling) carb that uses wierd jets. But I drilled it out & retapped it to take Keihen jets. Now getting jets is no problem.

I checked them out on ebay, and the description said the 100cc AND 150cc engines fit just about every little off-road bike honda makes. WHAT'S up WITH THAT??? It said that both engines even fit a CR80.. :cry:

Huhh?? :cry:

>> It said that both engines even fit a CR80..<<

yeah, the same engine cant fit all these bikes. if they are decent engines and I can verify they fit the XR100R then it would be cool to have one of those with a 150cc with e start if all you do is bolt it in. would need a battery though. wonder if they are 6 or 12 volt?

another guy is listing the chinese bikes as "XR100 COPY" only in the title... and its a 50

is this a problem when searching suzuki or yamaha 100s on ebay or just honda?

this stuff is cheap too (in many ways)

Actually Lifan makes engines for Honda now for the small XR's it's cheaper for them to manufacture in China and they have a license agreement to sell them under their own name. I'm looking at a 110cc version for a Z50 resto.

Check this link

I checked them out on ebay, and the description said the 100cc AND 150cc engines fit just about every little off-road bike honda makes. WHAT'S up WITH THAT??? It said that both engines even fit a CR80.. :cry:

Huhh?? :cry:

He said that he listed bikes that customers have put the motors in. And as we know, with the right tools and lots of time you can put any motor in any bike.

Hey i got a Lifan 110cc motor on my xr70, its real nice but watch out for the ones that come with rotary transmission.

The "Jackass 110" is nice check out the disc brake. It's about the size of a XR70.

I've seen that Jackass 110 and I can tell you it aint no Honda. Guy was selling for about $750 new as I recall.

The forks and shock have no oil. The tires are made from hard rubber. The triple calmps seem to be stamped sheet metal.

All light guage material. Assembled like cheap bicycle.

4 down shifting pattern.

I bet the motor is good, but the bike is just not made the the same standards nor engineered like a Honda.

Now that 150-200cc enduro actually runs okay. I've ridden them and a couple guys I know have been riding them for years. I think they are better engineered and have been around for years. They are not dirt bikes as we in the US know them but for some reason they are not street legal either. Very underpowered for their engine size though. But they do run.