Sign in to follow this  

Best Exhaust 2000 XR100 for 13 year old

I Have an 2000XR100 That my 13 year old daughter rides. It is still stock and looking to give it a little more performance and make it run better. It takes a while to warm up and doesn't seem to idle or run clean off the bottom which makes it harder for her to ride. She is not new to rideing just in using the clutch. I've been reading post about changing the jetting from the stock 95/35 to either 100 or 102/38 after opening up the air box by taking out the snorkle and drilling a 1" hole in the top, changing the filter to Twin air or Uni and Exhaust.

My question is which exhaust will give it over all power without loosing the low end for a kid and is quit enough for CA sound laws. Been looking at FMF, BBR, and Pro curcuit. but don't want a pipe that she has to ride wide open all the time on steep or difficult trails and is to loud to use at the parks like Carnegie and Hollister. Any suggestions? Thank You.

I have done all the mods you mentioned on my son's bike, and I would have to say that just by opening up the air filter and proper jetting gave me the best performance for next to nothing. I do have a Big Gun exhaust on mine, which would probably be too loud for you, but that itself didn't improve the performance as much as the other mods did. I also went one tooth larger on the front sprocket because first gear seemed almost useless. Just a few ideas.

My opinion would be to first figure out why the bike doesn't run right. After that, before spending money on an exhaust I'd put a Works Perf shock and do minifig Phil's front fork mods. It'll make the bike much safer and funner for your daughter to ride. I have a 2000 and it ran beautifully bone stock. My daughter rode it at places like Hollister and Carnegie until she turned 16 (then she never wanted to ride anymore:( ). Since then, I've since modified it with a 120 kit, 200X carb, uni filter. The bike is a blast! Funny thing is, exhaust is still stock so I can't help you there!

i have a powercore 4 and i ride at carnegie and hollister. its not that loud that they kick you out. you can ride slow too on trails not wide open, but i prefer wide open!