Sign in to follow this  

Any other foot pegs available?

I am quickly grinding away the pegs on my 150, are there any aftermarket options?

I did a search and saw that TOAST :cry: has some Fastways on his bike but being I am grinding them away that is a pricey option. Any others?

I haven't heard about the RM80 ones so I'll have to look into that, but do your homework. They make pegs for the CRF230, but the CRF150 has different pegs.

To date, I haven't been able to find any and I've looked everywhere. The difference on the 150 pegs is that they are taller then the 230 ones. When it comes to peg height, I want more. Going to a 230 height would not do well.

I am riding the bike in SuperMoto trim on pavement and I am grinding them down when they drag sliding the bike into a corner. I can get some pretty cool lean angles out of the bike when the rear steps out and I get the inside hand grip below the top of my boot.:cry: The outside of the left peg is ground about half way to the teeth, and the right one is a quarter of the way.:cry: In only my first 2 weeks owning the bike.

I have been doing some more looking and thinking about this problem and I think I will just get another set of stock pegs, but mount some swingarm sliders for the rear stand spools from a sport bike to the bottom of the cross bar built into the peg. Then I will just trash some nylon sliders and not the pegs.:cry:

I'm in the process of having supermoto footpeg sliders made for Fastway footpegs. Assuming the design works, we'll eventually put them into production.

I was hoping to have prototypes made this month, but the priority list has pushed those probably to March.

If you're still fighting the problem in a month or so, drop me a PM and maybe I'll have a solution for you.

BTW, the Fastway Application guide lists their CRF 150/230 part number as being the same for the Yamaha PWs and TTR 225, so that may be another option.

HTH,

--Fillmore

just a question... ive noticed many people race the crf150 in supermoto. why is this. like on oln and stuff they sometimes show like a jr class with like 12-14 year olds. so why do so many people use this bike for this. just wondering what makes it such a good supermoto bike :cry:

There are several reasons why the CRF150 makes a popular SuperMoto bike.

- Stock it is the closest thing to being the max displacement (160cc) allowed in most clubs Mini-SM class, which minimizes the need for big-bore kits and other things to add power.

- The stock suspension is a notch above what you find on the rest of the 100-125cc bikes (CRF/XR-100, TTR125, DRZ/KLX125), it still needs a little help but compared to a TTR for example the forks flex less.

- For the OLN stuff, the Honda Riders Club of America (HRCA) puts up most of the $$$ to support The Red Rider Jr SuperMoto Series.

- For me personally I am 6'4" tall and the frame on a CRF150 is taller and the seat to peg distance is larger so it just fits me better.

The other thing that makes the CRF 150 popular is that it's a good bike to learn SM on. It's got enough power to break traction, slide, and such; but it's not so much power that it wants to get away from you.

For many people I know, once they get the techniques down and start riding a big bike, they start to miss riding the 150... When it comes down to it, it's often more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than to ride a fast bike slow (me on my 525 MXC is a good example of the latter :cry: ).

And besides, if you already have the bike and are going to be at the track, why not ride a couple more (really fun) classes.

--Fillmore

Yeah, it would be nice to have a new set of foot pegs.. stock stuff pretty much sucks. but that is just my opinion, if pro-design made some it that would be great :) but i dought thats going to happen. I hope more companies start making parts for these 230f's. :)