Sign in to follow this  

Snorkel on 2002 xr400

Ok I bought a E2 white brothers pipe put it on and the bike needed to be rejetted...i asked that question last week. I bought the jets 58slow 160main. Now i wanted to get more into my engine so i took off my seat and looked to remove the snorkel and the damn thing looks like it is not meant to come off by any means.... Any tips on how to remove it without ruining it?

your looking at the rubber part at the top of the airbox right? the inlet faces towrds the back. just pull it out, it's rubber. you'll be left with a larger hole in the top of the airbox.

yeah....i went to and it didnt seem like it just pulled out and i pulled pretty good....gues i will have to pull harder or cut the thing

no need to cut. I thought the same thing when I was doing mine. TRy pulling on one edge and jerk it. I think it goes back on alot easier then I took it off.

It'll come out.

It's held in place by some adhesive, you'll have to pick the rubbery dried adhesive off, it'll be left around the opening of the airbox where the snorkle was.

Alright... thanks. That will be the first thing i do when i get home on thursday.

Dont forget a UNI filter if you dont already have one....it helps.

Steve:busted: