Sign in to follow this  

HELP! Rear axle nut size

The axle wrench I got for the DRZ dont fit... The RMZ must be 32 or 34mm? Anybody know for sure? I gotta run to Kragen before they close.

I am meeting my buddy with the CRF450 and a suspension guy tomorrow at Elsinore. Ill post some of their thoughts and what I thought of the CRF tomorrow.

I need to get this chain adjusted before I go tomorrow. Are these stock chains cheap? The chain on my DRZ didnt stretch this fast. Looked fine yesterday before the trail ride... A good o-ring chain is one of the first items on my list.

The CRF uses a 32mm.

Not sure about the RMZ?

Do you have an american socket that will fit it, I used an american sized socket for along time before I got a 32mm. Its no different. And if kragens is closed and you dnat have any sockets just use an adjutible wrench, ive also used that alot for the axel nut just make sure the wrench is nice and tight:thumbsup:

Most stock chains are junk, that's the first thing I buy for a new bike is a good chain before the rubber band stocker fries the sprockets.

1 1/4" (31.75/32mm)

I measured it... I dont know why I panic sometimes and miss the obvious. Sorry.

Im one of the exactly 72.5ft/lb guys. Taking a big adjustable and just tightening wont do in my world. But my shrink is helping me...slowly, a problem no doubt related to the missing the obvious thing above.

This chain is out of here, upon closer inspection it looks like a replacement bicycle chain you would buy at Kmart or something...

Im dialed, cant wait to swap bikes tomorrow!

your drz came with a decent oring chain.the rmz like all motocross bikes comes with the cheapest pile of crap they could find.

lol I dont change that chain for months of riding.. Its funny you guy toss them.. I rode and raced my 04 crf and still have the stock chain on after a year..Keep it clean, tight and lubed the thing will last..My last 3 bikes ive used stock chain for at least 4-6 months at the least... I think it's all ban wagon stuff..One says it then everyone thinks its the way.. I dunno :cry: suit your selves.. I would get a ss filter or change the oil in the suspension or something before I ran out and got a x ring chain...:cry:

there is a spec were you measure like twelve pins on the chain and if the chain has stretched then the distance gets further.(obviously) if the chain stretches to were you have to adjust it more than a couple of times, then the chain will be past the spec were you measure pin to pin. im not flaming anybody but i already wore the stock chain on my rmz out. i put a DID ERT and i haven't ridden it yet. but even in the owners service manual you will find such a spec.:cry: :cry: