Sign in to follow this  

05' WR250F Jetting Questions

I did all of the free mods and have noticed since then that from 0 - 1/4 quick throttle turn the bike is bogging down. I am new to all of this and am having some trouble getting it jetted right. I live in Fort Collins, CO (~5,000ft), been riding in 40 to 60 degree weather, with low humidity. I've been riding mostly trails at this altitude, with some track riding. Also, the plug is black and sooty, leaving me to believe that it is running rich. Is that correct?

So far I have dropped the jet needle to the 3rd clip from the top, have a 163 main jet, #40 pilot jet, and #95 leak jet and have tried to adjust the pilot screw to help out, but it still wants to bog down when I crank on the throttle to start out.

I know there are alot of variables to consider when riding but I just want to figure out how to have my bike set up for these conditions and then adjust as I ride in the summer time when it is warmer out and will be at higher altitudes.

What are some suggestions?:cry: :cry:

Take off the air intake boot look into the carb and twist the throttle a few times. If the AP (accelerator pump) squirt hits the slide you will have to change the AP timing. If it squirts more than 1 second you have to shorten the duration. Had to do both on my '01 to cure the same symptoms.