Sign in to follow this  

Zip-Ty fuel screw for RMZ450. What's up?

I picked up a zipty fuel screw at my local dealer today for my RMZ 450, part number is FMS01, supposed to be for the new bikes with the new FCR carb, when I pulled my stock fuel screw out of the carb I compared it to the zipty, matched them up thread to thread to check length to the needle, my stock one was a little longer to the top of the needle, maybe a couple of mm, they say the zipty is supposed to be universal but I think that would make a difference, will the zipty seat properly since it's a couple mm shorter, and would you have to turn it out as far to tune the carb, I had one of these in my 03 crf 450 and it worked fine can't remeber if it was the same length though.

I went on zipty web site to get more info and it doesn't say much, supposed to work on the newer yamaha, honda 450's and kawa and suk 250f's, if anyone has anymore info than me please let me know, I'd like to use this if it's gunna work if not I'll leave the stock one in, kinda hard to test with the bike in my living room right now, any info would be appriciated.:cry:

Im just guessing here but if the needle is the same shape and length from the end of the threads, and there is no other air/fuel control above the bottom of threads it should work the same(?). In other words if only the threads are longer and they dont interfere with anything else. Again, just a guess...

What do you have like 3 feet of snow on the groung up there? Its still wierd seeing the hills turn green and flowers blooming all over the place down here at the end of January. Iwas raised in cold MT Januarys.

Actually the threads are the same length, the shaft with the needle at the end are different lengths, the stocker is longer from the threads than the zipty, that's why I didn't think the zipty would seat in all the way into the carb. Yeah theres a couple feet of snow on the ground yet, I live in the Eastern part of North Dakota, won't be able to ride till first part of april, the western part of the state usually melts first, may get to ride mid to end of march if we want to drive, which we will.

The needle end being different has me stumped (which aint saying much).

Try posting this in the General forum or something. Apparently not many people looking in this forum that have used them.

I cant imagine having to wait months looking at that beautiful bike before you can tear some dirt up. The wait will be worth it at least.

don't no anything about zipty but my dealer told me to use---msrhp fuel mixture screw part#344400 from tucker rocky , i had a bog off idle when blipping the throttle & couldn't get to the pilot screw to adjust , put this thing in & no more bog just reach under & adjust for different temps during the day, bike runs perfect now , by the way this thing rips i hate it everytime the sun goes down .............

Yeah you guys dont know how lucky you are being able to ride year round, that would be awesome, I see the rem races in Glen Helen posted on motocrossaction web site, every weekend year round that would be fun, especially to do it in January. We do have a lot of snowmobilers up here, not me though can't afford 2 bad habits, never really go into it anyway, dirtbikes are where its at!!!:cry:

Got reply from zipty racing, they said it will work in the RMZ450 and work better than stock, so it's in my bike now.