Sign in to follow this  

Highest Elevation You Have Had your XR

I just want to get a feel of how many people actually ride in the mountains. I live in the foothills of northern california and we always ride up in the hills. The highest i have ever had mine is about 10,800 feet on the eastern side of the sierras near a town called bridgeport. Awesome scenery and riding. Best of all NO LAW!

I just want to get a feel of how many people actually ride in the mountains. I live in the foothills of northern california and we always ride up in the hills. The highest i have ever had mine is about 10,800 feet on the eastern side of the sierras near a town called bridgeport. Awesome scenery and riding. Best of all NO LAW!

All I can say is.............:cry: :cry: :cry:

Just over 13,000 outside of Ouray, Colorado. Bike ran great, but low power. Same jetting that I used at 7000 feet. That XR400 (long gone) seemed immune to jetting problems.

Around 11,000 feet, rode up to the bald mountain look out. Near mammoth lakes, and bridgeport(most expensive gas in the state btw). There was alot of power loss, but the bike ran clean I was running a 120 main and a 40pilot. That was the best week of riding of my young life. The only bad thing was my little brothers XR70 lost the oil plug and dropped all of its oil in to the hot sand. The little bike ran until it over heated, and wouldnt start again. We plugged the drain hole with a handy stick, bummed some cheap oil off the friendly ranger lady and the bike ran the rest of day. Luckly we had a spair bike he could ride.

Hey Kev don't complain about IL.... some of the places I ride here in FL are really about 3 feet.... if not under sea level.... I think I'll have the bike in NC as soon as I can get this 440 thing together

Had my wife on her XR 215 1/4 (bored & stroked) over 13,000 in Colorado. Imogene Pass, Black Bear, and I think Engineer Pass??? (between Ouray and Lake City). It's been pretty high in Idahoe too. I guess I have to go back to remember the names !