Sign in to follow this  

IMS or Clarke?

i had an IMS on my KTM 2004 rfs and liked it very much everything fitted well and had no problems. in fact i still have it and i'm thinking of selling it? PM me if you want it.:cry: :cry:

I agree! I wonder why they are not available in orange. What is the difference between the EXC tank and the MXC tank? The EXC shrouds/graphics look much better!

What is the difference between the EXC tank and the MXC tank? The EXC shrouds/graphics look much better!
The MXC tank is huge at about 3.5 gallons. It carries fuel in it's integrated shrouds. It's a nice tank but it's very wide up front and that makes it hard to get and stay forward while sitting. So it's not a popular tank for tight woods riders. It's a great tank for more open riding, though.

The IMS and Clarke are much thinner up front than the MXC, much closer to the EXC tanks slimness. I used IMS on both of my RFS's and was/am happy with them.

IMS and love it. I got the natural color and it looks great since the rest of the bike is black. Perfect fit and I like it better that the stock tank. All the bolt holes have nuts made into the plastic instead of just using course threads and threading into the plastic.

Rocky Mountain ATV has the best prices that I have found. I put an IMS on my Yamaha and now I am going to put either the Clark or the IMS on my KTM. I think the Clark is $171.99 or there about and the IMS is $199.99.

I like the clarke, i put one on my yz and it fit as good as the stock tank. All bolt holes and indentations were spot on. And the clarke is cheaper.

The MXC tank is huge at about 3.5 gallons. It carries fuel in it's integrated shrouds. It's a nice tank but it's very wide up front and that makes it hard to get and stay forward while sitting. So it's not a popular tank for tight woods riders. It's a great tank for more open riding, though.

The IMS and Clarke are much thinner up front than the MXC, much closer to the EXC tanks slimness. I used IMS on both of my RFS's and was/am happy with them.

What about the seat?.. I'm still a KTM rookie, and when I bought my "05" 450EXC, I had them swap the EXC tank and seat for the larger MXC tank and seat. I did not get to keep both, now I'm stuck with this bulky tank. It is definately wider. I would like a narrow tank with capacity, is there any issues with the MXC seat fitting the aftermarket tanks?

The MXC seat is different than the EXC/SX. It may fit with the EXC/IMS/Clarke tank but it won't be a perfect fit.