Sign in to follow this  

Ladies, what are you riding?

What's your ride?  

520 members have voted

1. 1. What's your ride?

• 230 or smaller thumper
    • 250 or larger thumper (smaller than 450F)
    • 450 or larger thumper
    • 125 or smaller 2-stroke
    • 250 or larger 2-stroke
    • Larger than 125, smaller than 250 2-stroke

There's no option for those of us with in-between bikes!

KTM200 two stroke

Yeah, it would be interesting to see who's riding the KTMs and KDXs :cry:

I ride a YZ250F on the mx tracks. I've yet to put him in the woods. That may come soon though since my brother fixed his DRZ400 :cry:

I ride on a Honda crf 450. Because i have problems with my arms and hands (muscle diseas) can't i use the clutch very much. This bike has a broad powerband and even it's a heavy one, still the best choise for me.

Just ride like a novice on mx tracks or in the woods, but it's FUN!!!!!

Born to live, born to ride!

There's no option for those of us with in-between bikes!

KTM200 two stroke

Aww, shizzle, I knew I forgot something! :cry: Lemmie try again....My apologies to our many 'tweener 2-stroke riders, my bad! :cry:

Edit - I fixed it, the 125<250 option is now there! :cry:

TTR 250:cheers:

I took out the 'F' in 250 as well... my thinking was "f=fourstroke" but don't want to appear discriminating against our TTR & XR sista's out there! :cry:

Whoa, "toolazyforpushbikes" has five bikes?? Where do you get to ride that many bikes and which one's your favorite? :cry:

You know its interesting that as much as we are concerned with weight, or at least the men who are buying the bikes for us are , the majority of women riders here are riding 250 and larger thumpers! :cry::cry:

You know its interesting that as much as we are concerned with weight, or at least the men who are buying the bikes for us are , the majority of women riders here are riding 250 and larger thumpers! :cry::cry:

Well, you gotta remember, kpicha, the 250Fs weigh in (Yamaha YZ250F, anyway) around 207 dry... its actually substantially lighter than a lot of the 'smaller' bikes, I think a 230F is what, around 235?

The biggest issue for ladies I've gathered is the HEIGHT... these puppies are TALL, stock, and you have to put a bit of $$ into them to get them lowered from what I hear, or just get used to it, which is tough for a short beginner. AND they're more expensive, which is also a big investment to make for a beginner if she's unsure of herself, and possibly unsure of her continuing interest in the sport. But these bikes are PERFECT for ladies if you're 5'8" or taller! My 250F was actually my first dirtbike... and as I'm 5'10" and 155 lbs, it fits me perfectly...

Oh gosh, you're right. I was thinking everyone riding the bigger bikes are with 250Xs and WRs instead of the MX bikes Duh. :cry:

Oh gosh, you're right. I was thinking everyone riding the bigger bikes are with 250Xs and WRs instead of the MX bikes Duh. :cry:

We'd need another poll to figure out what KIND of 250f! :cry: I'm thinking a lot of women might go with the MX bikes BECAUSE they're so light... I know I did, and I love it on the trails, too! :cry:

LOL! Yeah, if you're serious, I think that would be awesome!

Its too bad the e-start bikes weigh so much more than the MX bikes. Hopefully, within a few years, manuafacturers will be able to get that weight down . I wonder if there's any talk of the manufactureres lowering the heights, too. THAT would be perfect! :cry:

THe KXF actually felt short rider friendly when I sat on it but boy, I sure don't like the sounds of their reliability or lack thereof!