Sign in to follow this  

Ladies, what are you riding?

What's your ride?  

520 members have voted

1. 1. What's your ride?

• 230 or smaller thumper
    • 250 or larger thumper (smaller than 450F)
    • 450 or larger thumper
    • 125 or smaller 2-stroke
    • 250 or larger 2-stroke
    • Larger than 125, smaller than 250 2-stroke

Just jumped from my biginner bike (ttr125) to a 04rm 125!!! It was much needed!!! I love it...hopefully next will come a 250f!

I have a question regarding ladies on honda 250's. My 14 yo daughter is 5'3" 115, growing like a weed and should hit 5'6"or 7". She's been riding for a couple of years and has completely outgrown her XR100. Any suggestions or comments as to her getting a CRF250r or x? Can they be lowered without too much trouble? I have no doubt she can handle the power but the height could be a problem. Input is much appreciated.

I ride a CRF250X and I am 5'4", my husband lowered the front end and shock a bit for me, but I didn't put anything else into lowering it and it works good for me. I love the CRF250X, it is a great trail bike and fun on the tracks too. I race Hare Scrambles in the Entry Level Womens class and can't ride it, they restrict it to a 200 or smaller bike so I ride a XR200 for that, which is a totally different animal and not as much fun to ride as the CRF.

KM 100 (mine)

TTR 125 (mine)

KDX 200 (mine)

DR 350 (mine)

WR 450f (mine)

BMW F650 (mine)

Plus a few road bikes, besides the beemer (all mine)

Which ever one I'm riding is my favorite at that time ~ each for it's own quintessence.

QUOTE: "You know its interesting that as much as we are concerned with weight, or at least the men who are buying the bikes for us are..."

I love that in this forum, women talking about weight is in regard to motorcycles :) ~ but nobody bought any of my bikes for me. Good or bad? For me it's :)

I40 are you actually on Guam? Haven't been there since '92 (Also was born there) but I do know it's really small. Or are you stationed there or just from there?

'90 XR200. Moved up from a YZ80 and KE100. I buy all my own bikes. I am 17 now and bought the YZ when i was 14. I wouldnt have it any other way. I do all my own work, but i have yet to do a top end job. I actually want to so i can get some expirence with it. I am hoping for a 125 in the near future, perferably KTM. Man i love those things. By the way I'm 5'7'' and can touch on a 250.

Currently I ride a DR 650 and I have a KL 250 Sherpa for my partner to learn on. I bought the DR to turn it into a long distance adventure bike and I'm about half way there. I'm quite small so I'm just real careful in the tight and rough stuff. I choose the DR on price, durability and being easily height adjustable- I'm happy. I rode a KTM 640 Adventure first and it felt great but I didn't want to spend the dollars on something I might throw on the ground occassionally. I do miss a good road bike on occassion though.

Anyone in Brisbane Australia interested in going for a ride?

Past Bikes- XV 1000, Z1R, VF 700, GPZ 900, CBR 600 x 2 and my first bike a DT 175

Just finally started riding a week ago...

1987 Yamaha TW200

tw600px.jpg

It really is a great beginner's bike. I've been off-road with it 3 times. I haven't ridden anything else (except around a parking lot) but this bike is quite comfortable. I'm 5'1" and about 120# and can pick it up when I dump it :) , kick start it, etc. It's nice on the road, too - I had it cruising at 60 down the highway. Gas mileage is super at 73MPG!

I ride an "adjusted" CRF150. Being 4'10" doesn't give me many options.

me either...im 5'...the CRF250XJR seems perfect, but the price doesnt for shorter riders...8,000$. Thats just insane

me either...im 5'...the CRF250XJR seems perfect, but the price doesnt for shorter riders...8,000$. Thats just insane

USAmericans are sooo spoiled

in Germany a stock CRF250X runs 7590,- Euro (today US$9,081.45)

without tag and title you can o n l y ride it on track

you need a registered bike if you want to ride harescrambles

getting a CRF-X tagged will cost you another 500-1500$ depending on who you know and how much work you do on your own

http://honda.de/content/mc/14999_25650_data.php

04 RM125

04CRF250

Does anyone else ride a 2 smoker AND a thumper and just switches??

Hello girls, i got a question regarding my girlfriend... she started ten years ago with a YZ80, after switched to a KX100 and because we wanted to go Thumper, she now owned a TTR230 2005. She's very deceived by the power a weight of the TTR even if the handling is not so bad because of the wheel size. She is not so tall (5'1") so it's why she didn't go with a bigger bike. Is there another small lady that found a solution for this?? Better bike or had to do modification to get a good ride?

I am riding an old girl. I have a 1976 Yamaha 500. I am in Los Angeles and looking for a local group. Know any or where I can track them down? Would love to find some help with repairs and tech tips that I may need in the future.

Melanie

fiep ~ <<< USAmericans are sooo spoiled >>>

You must have spent some time in the U.S. because that was spoken like a true "American." Generally we are quick to judge another country's customs. And yes, we ARE spoiled - sometimes, but our wages have plummeted and our dollar is very weak so I understand why Xradion is concerned with the expenses.

OrangeKenny ~ I'm a shorter woman with a short in seam. In 6 years I haven't found the bike that's in between a kx100 and any of the bikes with good clearance and travel. You can try shortening the susupension but the best modification is more seat time. I know some very short men that are exceptional woods riders because they've spent a lot of time in the seat.