Sign in to follow this  

Leak jet

Thanks for the reply Rick,

another question for you. At bikebandits web page the yamaha parts fiche has jet #20 listed as the pilot jet and at the yamaha site it is listed as slow jet. Are they the same jet. I have been searching and reading posts and the FAQ as I'm trying to understand this carb so I can attempt to get rid of the bog when cracking the throttle.

Thanks.

The bog is definitely the leak jet. I've had my bike about a month. 2005 wr 250 f. the stock leak jet is a 95 which sends pretty much just air to the carb. I had no luck with this issue from the yamaha dealer and to be honest those guys didn't even know what one was. Anyway i have a friend at the Honda dealers and their 250fs have the same issue. they take the ones from the 450s and put them in the 250s. I did this and my bog is gone. I am at a little over 6000 ft and my 95 leak jet was changed out to a 55. I also bought the zip ty fuel screw and run it just a little rich. the bike does great now with no bog at all. the front end is easy to lift in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This makes a huge difference with riding because you can now have the confidence in throttle responce when you need to set up for whoops or obstacle crossings. make sure you take care or the rest of the mods as well, ex-specially the Grey wire. if this is left intact your power will be nonexistant at the top end in 5th gear. :cry: