Sign in to follow this  

stabilizer mount blues

i have an 04 crf450, stock upper clamp and bars. when i put on the scotts bolt on stabilizer post, the bottom side of the clamp hits the ring that goes around the steering head not allowing the wheel to turn from stop to stop. am i doing something wrong? any help would be appreciated. thanks

I had the same problem.I think the 02&03 are different than the 04.I went with the GPR v02 stabilliser and it works better although Im still looking for A upper clamp that is the same bolt pattern as stock 04.If anyone wants a used scott stabilliser for an 02 or 03 crf let me know.

If you bought the setup new it should have come with a drawing that shows where you have to grind the stock triple clamps down. It also should have come with a set of different rubber cones that will replace the stock ones. Any 4" or 4 1/2" grinder will do the trick. If you dont have the spec sheet that scotts provides, The angle is very small maybe 15 degrees from center of the tripleclamp hole for the steering stem. If you are sitting on the bike, the bottom of the clamp must be ground to a "V" position using the stem hole as center and the V should point toward the front. You don't need to take very much off!