Sign in to follow this  

Fmf

I called FMF yesterday about my pipe. It devolped a hair line crack in it after 4 rides. I've had the pipe since October, so the people I bought it from wouldnt take it back.. Anyways... It was never droped or crashed... I would of thought they would of just sent me a new danm pipe!! Nope. They wont do a thing about it. Well I'm off to go clean the inside so I can have it welded... I'll never buy from FMF again. ever.:cry: :cry:

could it be from the cold weather? i know you're in Texas, but wasnt there some snow at one time? could have affected the poorly constructed pipe

No, it's been inside at 50*F or more in the garage. Usally higher... It never snowed where I live... It just started getting real cold about 2 weeks ago hehe

Yea I have an fmf ti4 and its ok but the customer service is crap. I have contacted them several times with less than satisfactory results.

Try emailing one of the top guys, and let him know about this being posted and about ur unsatisfaction of the product.

I was looking at getting an FMF pipe for my quad if I decided to get a pipe I'm thinking twice now though. Anyone know who makes the best pipe for a 89 LT250R?

That sounds unusual. I have had several FMF pipes and have never had a problem of any sort. Keep talking to them and maybe they will break.

I haven't heard a lot of good things about FMF and when I read about their customer service in this post it made my decision not to buy from them pretty easy. Customer service is just as important as the product.

I had an FMF "Q" pipe that I found was rubbing on the shock spring and wearing a hole in the pipe so I sent it to FMF. They repaired it free and sent it back. This was after owning the pipe for about a year.

You might want to try this - I asked them if they had seen this problem on the other "Q" pipes that they have sold. Then I dropped in that I had asked on ThumperTalk.com if anyone else was experiencing this problem. I think once they know that you are getting the word out that you have a problem that cannot be resolved they don't want the bad press.

I have been pleased with the pipes that I have bought from them. Sorry to hear about your problem. If your pipe is in otherwise good condition then I would suggest that you speak to someone a little higher up and point out to them the following:

1. the releative short amount of time that you have owned the pipe compared to the type of damage that it developed.

2. The general good condition of the pipe and the fact that it shows no signs of impact that would have caused the crack.

Good luck.:cry:

I had an FMF "Q" pipe that I found was rubbing on the shock spring and wearing a hole in the pipe so I sent it to FMF. They repaired it free and sent it back. This was after owning the pipe for about a year.

You might want to try this - I asked them if they had seen this problem on the other "Q" pipes that they have sold. Then I dropped in that I had asked on ThumperTalk.com if anyone else was experiencing this problem. I think once they know that you are getting the word out that you have a problem that cannot be resolved they don't want the bad press.

I have been pleased with the pipes that I have bought from them. Sorry to hear about your problem. If your pipe is in otherwise good condition then I would suggest that you speak to someone a little higher up and point out to them the following:

1. the releative short amount of time that you have owned the pipe compared to the type of damage that it developed.

2. The general good condition of the pipe and the fact that it shows no signs of impact that would have caused the crack.

Good luck.:cry:

this is what i love about the internet, especially discussion forums like this, they can't buy what we think of their products. i have fmf exhaust on my 80 but have heard stories of less then stellar customer service. the next pipe i buy will be a PC or bills ..

I have sent about 5 emails in 2 weeks, they havnt answerd one... I want to talk to someone up high, I'll call again...

-Zak

I've never had an issue with any FMF products I've purchased. I've talked to them on several occcasions and always found them to be helpful. :cry: