Supermoto-a-go-go on NBC Saturday 2/5!!!

Taken from racerx:

NBC TO FEATURE AMA RED BULL SUPERMOTO A-GO-GO

- press release -

PICKERINGTON, Ohio (Jan. 31, 2005) – NBC Jeep World of Adventure Sports will feature the 2004 AMA Red Bull Supermoto A-Go-Go on Saturday, February 5 at 3:30 pm EST.

Jeep World of Adventure Sports is an action-adventure sports series entering its second season and airing on the NBC Sports network. Hosted by Pat Parnell, the show features an array of adrenaline-inspired feats and adventure sports events from around the world.

“We’re delighted that the AMA Red Bull Supermoto A-Go-Go will be featured on NBC,” said Kerry Graeber, AMA Pro Racing Vice President, Director of Communications. “The fact that Jeep World of Adventure Sports is kicking off its second season by featuring this form of motorcycle racing is a great indication of the appeal and potential mainstream popularity of AMA Supermoto.”

The AMA Supermoto Championship completed it second season in 2004. Top riders from all disciplines of motorcycle racing competed in the series that ran on tracks that featured elements of road racing, supercross and dirt track racing.

Former AMA Motocross and Supercross champ Jeff Ward, 43, of Newport Beach, Calif., returned from a successful stint in Indy Car racing to win the 2004 AMA Supermoto title on a Troy Lee Designs Honda. As a result of his excellent comeback to motorcycle racing Ward was nominated for the 2004 AMA Pro Racing SPEED Channel Athlete of the Year, becoming the oldest rider ever to earn a nomination for the award.

The NBC Jeep World of Adventure Sports broadcast marks the return of supermoto racing to network television. The roots of supermoto racing can be traced back to the ABC Wide World of Sports Superbikers made-for-television race held from 1979 to 1985.

For additional information on the NBC program visit www.worldofadventuresportscom.

Hey JohnK408,

I was just bustin' your chops!?

I'm glad you posted--now I'll be really stoked if NBC somehow does a better job of covering the excitement of Supermoto than OLN.

I would guess that NBC will use the OLN footage (did anyone see non-OLN cameras at LV?), but maybe at least they'll replace the commentators.

I saw it. Only about 15 minutes on the Supermoto segment but it was pretty cool. Interviews with Bostrom, Henry, Ward, Metzger, and Pastrana and some racing footage including Ward's pass for the lead. I acutally liked the show a lot, the segment that Warren Miller did on water skiing was really neat.