Sign in to follow this  

Interesting info on dry weight...

I just read this in the March issue of Cycle World.

Here's what they do: They take the design weight of each part of the motorcycle, add together the design weights of all those parts and they get a theoretical dry weight. Not only are the fluids exempt but the real-world production weight of each part is not calculated, either. That's probably 5-8 percent right there.

Fred, I think you should completely disassemble your 250 and weigh each part. See how close they are. lol :cry:

Your garage? that thing should be in your living room. What kind of operation are you running? Where abouts in CT are you?

That's too funny. I thought I was the only jackass who stuck their bike in the living room. Girlfriend moved out on Jan 1st, bike moved in on the 5th. Best trade I've ever made. :cry:

Your garage? that thing should be in your living room. What kind of operation are you running? Where abouts in CT are you?
Obviously you've never seen my garage.......

Garagesite134.jpg

WDW2005003.jpg

WDW2005001.jpg

Throttlejockey, you are far too neat, and I don't trust anybody with a unicycle.

Throttlejockey, you are far too neat, and I don't trust anybody with a unicycle.
:cry: Actually, that's my son's unicycle. Do you trust me now?

That's too funny. I thought I was the only jackass who stuck their bike in the living room. Girlfriend moved out on Jan 1st, bike moved in on the 5th. Best trade I've ever made. :cry:
Why did it take you 4 days to move the bike in?

Is that a Cannondale Prophet in the bike stand?

Yes, it is. I just got done building it from a bare frame. Unfortunately, I can't ride it till I get this cast off my left hand next week.

Yes, it is. I just got done building it from a bare frame. Unfortunately, I can't ride it till I get this cast off my left hand next week.
Good taste in bikes.:cry: (motor and pedal)

The Prophet is a SWEEEEET ride!:cry:

:cry:

A cast? What happened?

I crashed and high sided after hitting a patch of ice back in Dec and tore the ligament on my thumb. I had surgery 5 wks ago to re-attach it. The cast comes off next Monday and I have to wear a brace, but I'll be able to ride.

I can't wait to ride...this sucks.:cry: