Sign in to follow this  

First oil change

The oil is really easy to change in this bike. I modified a small funnel so that it kind of wedges in against the frame and case and everthing just drains out the bottom through the hole in my stand. Ill take a picture of it later. Cleanest oil change I have ever done...

Dont leave the level check bolt out when adding fresh oil, the oil travels down the clutch plaes and out the hole... Oops.

3 hours on the bike, 2 mild, one high revving. Oil still looked new, no particles or metalics at all.

I was told they are 7-10 days out from Suzuki America.

Bought a Scotts stainless filter, should be here today. I just chaged the oil last night so I could ride today without feeling to guilty. Makes me feel even better that the oil wa that clean looking.

Good to hear its an easy oil change. I'm picking mine up Sat. Did you get a chance to check to see how well the likage,stering stem,swing arm, ect. is lubed from the factory. I'm probably going to tear it down when I get it to check, unless the weather here warms up enough to ride. I'll post my findings.

Do you have any recomendations on break in or set up on the new beast ?

zitzit typical japscrap grease all bearings/linkages etc imediately as they bone dry from the factory,my bike was washed twice before i checked and the bearings were starting to rust.im probably used to the better build quality of my ktms.:cry:

Ditto on the grease. I have never had a bike (any brand) that had any grease in the swingarm, linkage, or steering head. The 450 was the same.

My bike had tons of white greese all over the linkage, swingarm and headset. I did pay "extra" for prep where I bought the bike but I didnt expect it to mean much. I was pleseantly supprised. They said they have it done at an outside company before they take delivery of them.

If I bought another bike from them, I would still tear it apart and look at it myself.

My old DRZ was delivered with rusted lower head bearings. I didnt really look that close a them, just slopped some grease on it and tightened it back up. Weeks later the steering locked up. Not something I will take lightly again...

ZITZIT, well mine and a friends had zero grease on anything.. I did my wheel bearing today and steering head and they were dry completely.. Does not bother me, I like to do it myself anyhow...I would pull your apart even if one thing has grease on it..