Sign in to follow this  

IMS 4.0 Installed But...

I did the install yesterday on my S and all went pretty well. The only issue I have is that the front of the seat keeps popping up off of the "tounge" on the tank. The tongue just doesn't fit far enough into the seat. Should I mod the tounge to move it back farther or what?

While I'm at it. I removed the vapor line coming from the upper part of the stock tank leading to the valve below and plugged it. Should I just scrap all of the vapor recovery stuff and plug the two carb holes which would remain?

Let me see. In short the IMS tank bites!:cry:

I have the same bike same tank same problem.

I made my own bracket and extented it by a 1/2 inch.

Works fine now. This is the second IMS tank I have had

problems with. Good luck

PS make sure the two tank mount at the back are right side up.

Let me see. In short the IMS tank bites!:cry:

I guess I'll weld a little tab onto the tongue to extend it. As for the rear mount, I have the grommets higher than the frame. I think thats what the instructions called for...they were a little vague. The grommets look stressed out though.

I've got a 4.2 with a Moose seat, and it seems to fit just fine. I'll try and remember to check how it fits with the stock seat.

-f-

I installed an IMS on my bike. The first one was screwed up and Baja Designs send me a new one. The second one fit OK but not perfect. Not much problem with the seat, although I had to install a shim between the bracket and tank for the seat to fit.

As far as the grommets go, mine are installed just like on the old tank. That could be the problem with your seat. One more mod I had to do is install a couple of washers along with the spacer up front where it mounts to the radiator so it would clear the guards I have.

I have the bike all apart right now or I would shoot you some pictures.

One more thing when I installed my seat the first time I needed to use some silicone spray on the rubber pads so I could get it in place, after that it seems to go on OK. I will see what happens after it the seat is off for awhile

Good luck.:cry: